Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
    Especially those booked in the Suites .
    Yeah, the lav of a 744 is no way to join the Mile High Club compaired to a suite!
    sigpic
    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by MCM
      Pilot hits the breaks (other than really really really gently) = A380 sitting on its tail.
      but the weight shift (under any braking) would go back to forward, so how would it tip?

Comment

Originally posted by lee182
        but the weight shift (under any braking) would go back to forward, so how would it tip?
        Well when you're going backwards and hit the brakes, you tend to keep going in that general direction. Simple matter of inertia.

Comment

oooops

Comment

Originally posted by CathayPacific
            昨 發 生 去 年 10 月 首 航 以 來 首 宗 事 故 。 新 加 坡 航 空 公 司 一 班
            What is this 10 for ? I mean I dont speak Chinese and was wondering if it means a number of runway or time of incident lol

Comment

Originally posted by pkonowrocki
              What is this 10 for ? I mean I dont speak Chinese and was wondering if it means a number of runway or time of incident lol
              10th month of the year (aka October)

It was just saying that this is the first incident for the A380, which had its first commercial flight last October.

Comment

Originally posted by CathayPacific
                Yesterday, an A380 from Singapore Airlines departed the runway and rolled onto the grass at Singapore Changi Airport (SIN) as it was towed out to the runway for the flight to Sydney. The incident was caused by problems with the tow truck (nothing to do with the plane). But the flight was cancelled and all passengers were transferred to a Boeing 747-400 aircraft. Singapore Airlines is going to assess if the A380 has sustained any damage.
                Originally posted by pilotgolfer
                Well when you're going backwards and hit the brakes, you tend to keep going in that general direction. Simple matter of inertia.
                i thought it was being towed, hence my weight shift comment, ah well, all is clear now.

Comment

Re: A380 mishap in SIN !

Some pictures.

Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Surely they could have just powered out of that?

Comment

I think they would say " Not with my Shiny New Plane."

Comment

I'm not a fanboy of the A380 or any aircraft really. this just seems like too little to late. the tug had control of the plane... they went "off course"... from the pictures you can see the cap of A380 did put on the brakes, to no satisfacition.

why didn't it pull out on it's own power? shit, talk to the insurance company and i'm SURE they can give you answers for years.

i understand the race between AB & Boi... but to me, they have both made magical birds... that i'll never fly. cheers to them both!

-- yes i'm over here in the corner crying! leave me alone! you're not my REAL dad! --
                        / survivor from the ADC
                        // yes, now i fly single/duel props... flame on.
                        /// most of everything i say is sh*te.
                        ////give me a 787, and i'll roll it. yes. i. will.
                        ////slashies for the win!!eleven!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X