Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oops! United 752 and Skywest CR7 collide on pushback at SFO.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oops! United 752 and Skywest CR7 collide on pushback at SFO.

SAN FRANCISCO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT -- The FAA is sending accident investigators to San Francisco International Airport to look into last night's near catastrophe. They'll be trying to find out why two passenger jets collided while taxiing away from their gates.

The good news is the passengers are unhurt and being taken care of -- they are being put up at local hotels by the airport and by the airlines. This crash happened at Terminal 3. A United Airlines 757 at Gate 80 backed into a SkyWest commuter jet at gate 79. Investigators will begin their look today into why this happened.
    The United 757 was being taken out of service. It had no passengers on board. The SkyWest jet was carrying 56 passengers and four crew members. The 757 backed into the commuter jet.
    Luckily, no one was harmed. In fact, no one was even rattled. The passangers were all joking and laughing with the news crews afterwards. One man said "Well, I looked out my window and saw the United jet getting closer and closer and I thought 'Hey, thats not good'. Then I felt us hit, and I said 'Well, we're not going to Boise tonight."

Both aircraft are at the UA MX facility right now, the 752 is sitting outside and the CR7 is inside perhaps being repaired. My girlfriend's uncle who is a UA mechanic is going to take me down there later so I can get some shots of the damaged planes. I belive thats one of the last Skywest CR7s in the old UA c/s. Usually they're hard to find, but this one will be around a while.
    sigpic
    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

It's one of those freak accident. Im looking forward to see the external damages on that CRJ. Hopefully not that bad.

Have fun at the hangar ! Lucky S.O.**..
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

As long as no one was hurt or killed I'll say this...

United, thats the WRONG kind of merging plan everyone is talking about!!

Alex
      Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

Congratulations, UA and Skywest managed to do what DL and ASA failed to do .

Comment

And so on the 8th day, God made wingwalkers.

Originally posted by MaxPower
          Have fun at the hangar ! Lucky S.O.**..
          Hehehe her Dads ATC, her sister is a UA crew scheduler, her uncle is a UA MX guy, her aunt is a CX Purser, and her dad's best friend is the Philippine Airlines Manager of U.S. Opperations. I'm set for life.

Just want to point out guys:

look into last night's near catastrophe.
          This was "Breaking News" last night when I was watching George Lopez. "CRASH AT SFO OMFG!" was pretty much what they were saying. Then they interview the smiling joking pax who basically said "You're over-reacting." Classic.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
            Hehehe her Dads ATC, her sister is a UA crew scheduler, her uncle is a UA MX guy, her aunt is a CX Purser, and her dad's best friend is the Philippine Airlines Manager of U.S. Opperations. I'm set for life.
            She's a keeper! Just don't do anything stupid and you're good!

I'm glad no one was hurt.

United, thats the WRONG kind of merging plan everyone is talking about!!
            My thought exactly.

-Chris

Comment

From what I herd from my dad the whole tail section on the RJ has to be replaced. One funny thing is that the 757 was already going to the hanger, it was being towed from the gate to the hanger and it had no wing walkers.

Comment

Originally posted by DevilDog
                it had no wing walkers.
                Well that breaks Rule #2 (number 1 is pull the bridge)

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                  Congratulations, UA and Skywest managed to do what DL and ASA failed to do .
                  I totally agree with you, lol

Comment

The FAA is sending accident investigators to San Francisco International Airport to look into last night's near catastrophe
                    nice vocabulary, lol good thing no one got hurt, and just heard about this on the news today

yes i am a boeing fan, and i know thats a airbus, haha

Comment

The whole tail section? Holy crap. Hmm since its in the old livery...and most others aren't...I wonder if it'll end up a crazy hybrid.

The UA MX guy confirmed that they'll probably have to fly in a new tail section. The damage was too severe to fly the plane even at a low airspeed.
                      sigpic

Comment

i saw some pics on airliners, the 757 rudder is completely owned towards the bottom of it

edit: found the pics

article connected to it, and it states both planes suffered engine damage, do they mean the APU on the 757? no way the P&Ws got damaged unless it was really hauling ass

yes i am a boeing fan, and i know thats a airbus, haha

Comment

Engine damage? The only damage I know of was to the rear of the aircraft. Perhaps they mean the APU. Looks like I'll get to go see em for myself before Friday, I'll show you guys whatever I get.
                          sigpic

Comment

Engine damage? The only damage I know of was to the rear of the aircraft. Perhaps they mean the APU. Looks like I'll get to go see em for myself before Friday, I'll show you guys whatever I get.
                            The RJ's engines are located where?
                            Don
                            Standard practice for managers around the world:
                            Ready - Fire - Aim! DAMN! Missed again!

Comment

This was "Breaking News" last night when I was watching George Lopez. "CRASH AT SFO OMFG!" was pretty much what they were saying. Then they interview the smiling joking pax who basically said "You're over-reacting." Classic.
                              Axiom in news (especially television news) is "if it bleeds, it leads". Calamity generates interest generates advertising revenue.

Comment

Working...
                              X