Casa C-295M crashed in Poland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casa C-295M crashed in Poland

A military transport plane has crashed near the north-western Polish town of Miroslawiec, killing at least seven of the 10 people on board, officials say.

Fire service spokesman Pawel Fratczak told TVN24 the Casa C-295M came down in a wood while attempting to land at a Polish air force base, causing a fire.

Mr Fratczak said the air force had told him six passengers and four crew members were on board the plane.

The emergency services are continuing to search for the remaining three.

TVN24 said the plane was carrying officials taking part in an aviation safety conference.

The C-295M is a medium-range, twin-turboprop aircraft developed by the Madrid-based manufacturer, Construccionnes Aeronauticas SA (Casa).
    Source: BBC

Correction 7 of the 18 onboard seem to been fatally injured, may their souls rest in peace.
    "The real CEO of the 787 project is named Potemkin"

Comment

According to Norwegian media, 19 fatalities.
      Per

Comment

http://www.aviation-safety.net claim it crashed 800 meters short of the runway and all 20 onboard where killed...
        "The real CEO of the 787 project is named Potemkin"

Comment

7, 10, 18, 19, 20...

If we keep this path we'll have 50 casualties by the end of the day.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
          --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

I think 20 are enough, don't you think?

4 crew plus 16 officers returning to their bases from a meeting on aviation safety...

The flight originated in Warsaw, dropped a few passengers on two intermediate stops before the accident happened, thus the doubts about the numbers. Rumours say that it was second approach attempt in bad weather.

R.I.P.

Comment

How ironing to be killed in an airplane crash on the way home from talking about aviation safety.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Gallivant
                How ironing to be killed in an airplane crash on the way home from talking about aviation safety.
                Almost as ironic as the crashing of the AD.com forum server...

Comment

I see the priests are over here too. Cant escape them.

EDIT. +

Everyone made like DB Cooper.

Comment

Last picture taken by a spotter of the aircraft as it departed

It was a second approach. On the first one the crew reported difficulties seeing the runway, miss approach was initiated and the tower increased the intensity of the runway lights. The crew reported seeing the runway fine and that was the last transmission from the aircraft. Weather conditions were prone to icing with for it’s fatal flight.

1C on the ground and the dew point at 0.

CVR and FDR were recovered, but are reported to be in poor condition.

That’s all the information available now and I don’t want to start speculations.

fficeffice" />>>

It was the worst disaster to strike the Polish Air Force since the IIWW. The elite, the flower of the AF command was aboard this aircraft, among them general Andrzej Andrzejewski. Back in 2003 his SU-22 was accidentally hit by a sea to air missile during air force exercises over the lace w:st="on">Baltic Sealace>. He managed to punch out. He did not have a raft and his emergency radio transmitter quit on him. He was spotted by a rescue helicopter and was rescued after spending couple of hours floating in the cold Baltic waters. He commented back than that he received a chance for a second life. Yesterday a third chance was denied to him.

Comment

I maybe should not post this in respect to the victims and their families but I will post it for educational and inspection purposes. This video leaked from the crash scene, probably filmed with a cell phone by one of the soldiers. There was a lot of crap goig on in Poland about this video and some people got fired for it. Anyway, it is still findable on 'dark sites'.

Comment

Looking at the diagram posted by Pater K. it looks like the aircraft was approaching the airport slightly to the left of the runway. It might be possible that due to low visibility, the pilot mistook the runway lights with taxiway. I remember it happened sometime ago, in KLGA I think.

Comment

Originally posted by pkonowrocki
                          Looking at the diagram posted by Pater K. it looks like the aircraft was approaching the airport slightly to the left of the runway. It might be possible that due to low visibility, the pilot mistook the runway lights with taxiway. I remember it happened sometime ago, in KLGA I think.
                          Or they came down in a base to final turn.

Comment

Working...
                          X