Hannah Montana targeted in aircraft hijack plot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hannah Montana targeted in aircraft hijack plot

Unfricken believable!! I must find out more about this... I am quite surprised that it is not getting that much coverage on the news (imagine if his name was Mohammad!!)

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/01/25/flight.incident/
    Proudly serving WTF comments since 2004

Originally posted by Optimus Prime
    Unfricken believable!! I must find out more about this... I am quite surprised that it is not getting that much coverage on the news (imagine if his name was Mohammad!!)

I think even if his name were Mohammad it wouldn't get too much more attention because, 1) he was acting alone; 2) he was a teenager and, 3) his plan to overpower the cockpit crew with rope and while acting alone seems rather ill-conceived.

But, though his actions were reprehensible, his apparent anger against Hannah Montana is understood, at least by this father of Disney Channel couch potatoes.

Comment

Re:

Originally posted by Half Bottle
      I think even if his name were Mohammad it wouldn't get too much more attention because, 1) he was acting alone; 2) he was a teenager and, 3) his plan to overpower the cockpit crew with rope and while acting alone seems rather ill-conceived.

But, though his actions were reprehensible, his apparent anger against Hannah Montana is understood, at least by this father of Disney Channel couch potatoes.
      Hannah Montana's concert's have been described as kid-freindly and apparently they're one of the few concerts parents everywhere don't have reservations about while taking their kids to see them. Am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by Foxtrot
        Hannah Montana's concert's have been described as kid-freindly and apparently they're one of the few concerts parents everywhere don't have reservations about while taking their kids to see them. Am I missing something?
        Yeah, it's wholesome entertainment. I just find her incredibly grating on my ears.

Comment

I think even if his name were Mohammad it wouldn't get too much more attention because... 2) he was a teenager...
          You've picked a funny place to go implying that teenagers are inconsequential, Half Bottle.

Comment

Originally posted by Optimus Prime

I agree with Halfie on this one. Name makes no difference when a minor is involved.
            Don
            Standard practice for managers around the world:
            Ready - Fire - Aim! DAMN! Missed again!

Comment

How'd this dumbshit plan to overtake an entire flight crew, PLUS a cabin full of people with tape, handcuffs, and YARN?

Comment

Already posted this folks.

Alex
                Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

Originally posted by ATrude777
                  Already posted this folks.

Alex
                  This will teach you the fine art of thread titling.

Comment

This will teach you the fine art of thread titling.
                    Which is what?

I posted a fact, he was wrong. Hannah Montana was never intended to be a target. So why put something in the title that was false?

Alex

Comment

Which is what?

I posted a fact, he was wrong. Hannah Montana was never intended to be a target. So why put something in the title that was false?

Alex
                      Well, it should be obvious: to get more interest in your thread. Facts schmacts.

Comment

Well, it should be obvious: to get more interest in your thread. Facts schmacts.
                        Didn't know we were competing for thread views now.

Alex

Comment

Didn't know we were competing for thread views now.

Alex
                          I'm not. But I thought you might be since you took the time to point out that you had already posted a thread on the topic.

Comment

I'm not. But I thought you might be since you took the time to point out that you had already posted a thread on the topic.
                            No, I did it so we don't have double topics going. Before ad came over, jp seemed to be admant about having two threads going at once.

But perhaps they aren't anymore.

Alex

Comment

No, I did it so we don't have double topics going. Before ad came over, jp seemed to be admant about having two threads going at once.

But perhaps they aren't anymore.

Alex
                              I would agree with the goal of maintaining only a single thread. But since it happened, if you were the mod, which would you keep? The one with two replies or the one with 10?

If what you had truly cared about was only having one thread you would have written, "I already posted a thread about this, but since OP's thread is getting more interest, could the mods lock or delete mine? Thanks."

What you actually did showed that you were playing a game of "mine's bigger." Which is cool. Just man-up and admit it.

Comment

Working...
                              X