Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attempted hijacking in NZ?

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/...ectid=10491291

A pilot is reported to have been attacked and a person taken into custody on a jetstream flight into Christchurch airport this morning.

It is understood there may have been a hijacking attempt, National Radio said.

The plane has landed safely.

A flotilla of police and fire appliances are at the airport.

The plane is believed to have flown out of Blenheim this morning.

An Air New Zealand flight from Blenheim was due to arrive at 8.35am, though it could not be confirmed this was the flight in question.
    Preferring not to be the subject of a thread

Sydney radio says a woman stabbed ? both pilots on this domestic flight. Pilots taken to hospital. Very sketchy so far.

Comment

it was NZ2279 from BHE.

The page has since update as at 1104L and new details are available.
      Last edited by Will M; 2008-02-07, 22:11.

Comment

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/pil...234107731.html

apparently a new zealand resident, originally from somalia.........

Bring us your poor, your tired, your huddled masses and we will let them kill us ! Wait for the bleeding hearts to try and get her off because she had a rough life in somalia.....

Comment

Woman from Somalia ??????

Comment

Yikes, we had 2 pax on that flight who were to return to SFO.
            sigpic
            http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

btw

Most Somalis are Sunni Muslims. (Less than 1 percent of ethnic Somalis are Christians.) Loyalty to Islam reinforces distinctions that set Somalis apart from their immediate African neighbors, most of whom are either Christians (particularly the Amhara and others of Ethiopia) or adherents of indigenous African faiths.

Comment

"A source at Christchurch Airport said the woman was taken away in an ambulance, possibly suffering dog-bites."

I only hope this is true

I am surprised that she managed to storm the "security curtain". I think changes willbe made.

Comment

New updates , pics , videos here

The woman demanded to be flown to Australia !

Comment

shame on that woman, after all the weight and centre of gravity calculations the pilots would've had to make!

Comment

see what i mean ?

Comment

I'd hit it!

Seriously...if someone tries to stab me, I'm stabbing them back with the crash axe.

Comment

Originally posted by aussiepax
                          Bring us your poor, your tired, your huddled masses and we will let them kill us ! Wait for the bleeding hearts to try and get her off because she had a rough life in somalia.....
                          How right you are Aussiepax. After being stuck in a refugee camp on the Somali boarder, she was admitted as a refugee because of the abuse she has undergone. In such places, unless you were under the protection of a male family member or clan, women were repeatedly and violently sexually abused.

Although hijacking carries a life sentence in NZ, and she has been charged with hijacking and assault, I imagine she will be judged not criminally responsible for her actions -ie she is off her rocker. Since arriving in NZ, she has been living on welfare, engaged in petty crime, abused alcohol, and not become part of any community. She is not originally Somali, but Sudanese, and has no support from the Somali community. I think there is little hope for her, and I don't know what a good solution could be.

Probably she will find air travel very difficult in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Vishal Jolapara
                            Woman from Somalia ??????
                            Yeah I think they have women in every country.
                            Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Originally posted by aussiepax
                              That's like all the criminals who moved from Louisiana to Houston after Hurricane Katrina. Houston's crime rate shot way up!
                              Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Working...
                              X