Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One tough King Air - See video

See this video and then tell me....

Windshield failure in a King Air resulting in structural damage and successful emergency landing.

WOW - that is crazy!

There is a topic in the air safety forum regarding landing with a broken elevator cable. Wonder how this works if the elevator has left the airplane.
    Terry
    Lurking at JP since the BA 777 at Heathrow and AD lost responsiveness to the throttles.
    How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth? Sherlock Holmes

Comment

That accident happened a couple of years ago.

IIRC, they suffered a cabin depressurization, failed to don the O2 masks (or they did but the bottle was empty?), passed out, fall out of control, and regained consciousness when they reached a lower, more breathable altitude, only to find that the airplane was diving at over-speed, and bent the wings and broke the tail during the recovery, all that with enough luck to leave the airplane controllable despite the extensive damage.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
      --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

s

What's funny is that they rented a car after the accident. No more airplane for them....

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel
          That accident happened a couple of years ago.

IIRC, they suffered a cabin depressurization, failed to don the O2 masks (or they did but the bottle was empty?), passed out, fall out of control, and regained consciousness when they reached a lower, more breathable altitude, only to find that the airplane was diving at over-speed, and bent the wings and broke the tail during the recovery, all that with enough luck to leave the airplane controllable despite the extensive damage.
          The way I understand it, they managed to get the masks on, the O2 failed to flow for whatever reason, and they passed out.

Comment

That's pretty lucky that they woke up.

I wish I worked for Delta
            AVL to ATL and CVG on Delta

My virtual airline is located here.

Comment

they probably sound a bit sheepish due to the poop stains they left on the seats
              Everyone made like DB Cooper.

Comment

This is really funny....I used to live down there but never heard about the incident....I recall many times driving by on the interstate and seeing this turboprop that looked like the h-stab was half gone, but figured it was just an optical illusion caused by hangar shadows and being 1/2 mile away!
                Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Wow they are very lucky. Assume the pilot had plenty of hours under his belt!! (If it said I'm sorry, no speakers here at work)

Comment

Working...
                  X