Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a chiropractor on board?

Holy sh*t

Is that the one that is being floated away for repairs?

Comment

windshear surely?
      Everyone made like DB Cooper.

Comment

Wow... Is this the time for rough landings in London?

I can't tell for sure if that went as far as a tailstrike or not...

Looks rather painful in any situation...

Kris

Comment

Apparently, there was a strike, and this is the aircraft being floated off:

Swiss International Air Lines and its insurers have decided to repair the BAe Systems Avro RJ100 which was heavily damaged in a hard landing incident at London City Airport last month, Flight International reports. An airline spokesman told the aviation news organisation: 'The final decision has been taken to repair it.'

The aircraft is a 7 year old RJ100 registered HB-IYU and owned by Zurich-based Anson Aircraft. As previously reported, it was operating from Geneva with 93 passengers and crew when it made the hard landing on 18 August. It suffered a tail scrape, cracks and severe damage during the landing.
          See: http://www.uk-airport-news.info/lond...ews-240907.htm

Some more pictures at http://forums.ifdg.net/index.php?showtopic=3391
          Last edited by jkstark; 2008-02-13, 04:27. Reason: Added link to pics

Comment

Originally posted by Bok269
            Is that the one that is being floated away for repairs?
            Nah, the one that was floated away was wearing the Star Alliance livery from what I heard.

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
              Nah, the one that was floated away was wearing the Star Alliance livery from what I heard.
              Oops - you are correct... In any case, it seems that Swiss is having a hard time at LCY with this one...

In any case, the pictures of the bottom of the Star Alliance liveried aircraft are rather interesting themselves...

Comment

Working...
              X