Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Air Canada Airbus "Close Encounter" With F-15...???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the horses' mouth...

X-OriginalArrivalTime: 26 Feb 2008 14:17:02.0598 (UTC)

Good morning.

An airspace de-confliction issue is being investigated following the
    reporting of an occurrence on last Tuesday afternoon, approximately 21
    nautical miles S-SE of Key West, Florida involving a Canadian civilian
    airliner and a CF-18 Hornet aircraft from 4 Wing Cold Lake. The
    occurrence is currently under investigation.

Thank you.

Captain Steve Neta
    Acting Senior Public Affairs Officer
    1 Canadian Air Division and
    Canadian NORAD Region Headquarters
    204-833-2500 ext 2030
    mailto:[email protected]

Comment

So, now we might have the source of the "F-15" error.

CBC is acting tighter than a drum on this one....WHY? A little pressure from NORAD?

Obviously, then, the training exercises were NORAD's....which also obviously involves King George's Homeland Security Crew...and, from north of the 49th, we've all seen the kowtowing to that crowd by all levels of King Stephen's regime.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveGF4G
        Gwillie.... considering the fact that I have over 1800 hours in the F-4Phantom and spent 3 years as a USAF exchange officer in Canada.... I can tell you that Canada DOES NOT HAVE F-15s.... you IDIOT .... the story is BULLSHIT and if you keep insisting on it being true MOVE YOUR ASS TO MEXICO where they believe BAFOONS LIKE YOU
        So.... I'm new here, and obviously have no knowledge of any prior beefs people may have had with one another, but... is this the general temperment of the people around here? I can't quite see why Dave is so out of sorts! 1800 hrs in an F4 Phantom... with that temper, I hope it wasn't armed!

GWillie's initial report was based upon his memory of one newscast, so it's not surprising that a minor detail (F-15 vs. CF-18 ) was messed. But the story is not "bullshit", as we've now had confirmation from both the Canadian Forces and, obliquely, from Air Canada (their answer was "Who are you, and why do you want to know?").

BTW, I'm currently living in Mexico, I don't know what a "Bafoon" is, and as a Canadian, well, I'm just hoping we can all get along....

Cheers from here,
        M.

Comment

Originally posted by ptbodale
          Air Canada 965 - 19 February 08
          HAV-YYZ fin 283 (A319)

On climb out through FL305 for FL350 the flight reported to ATC that they had received a TCAS warning of an aircraft behind and climbing. The F/O observed a F15 (or similar type military flighter) approx 1 nm off the right wing of the A319.
          So it took us 28 tries to get an educated response.
          Thank you Dale!

-Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Tucsonman
            here i am thinking this forum was a medium for the intellegentsia to dicuss things about aviation safety. Not a pissing contest.
            Whatever gave you that idea?

Comment

I'm pleased to see ptbodale come through in the end, which I thought he might, and CdnBSGfan rounds things out nicely.

All's well that ends well.
              Terry
              Lurking at JP since the BA 777 at Heathrow and AD lost responsiveness to the throttles.
              How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth? Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
              X