No announcement yet.

DEATH of an ATR ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even though that it's not as brand-new as the Etihad A346 that got decapitated at TLS a few months ago, but it "hurts" just as much to see this ATR72's broken neck. Call me sensitive, The ATR is one of my fav. aircraft.
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Wasnt that the same type which had icing problems and packed it in Illinois years ago ? Statment without benefit off looking up database of course
      ASMEL-IA 1978 A&P-IA 1965 First Aloft 1954 DC-4
      Dad: B-24 Ploesti Self: U205A1 private ops Nam

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Jay
        Wasnt that the same type which had icing problems and packed it in Illinois years ago ? Statment without benefit off looking up database of course
        Correct.... ATRs and icing are a prescription for disaster. I for one despise this aircraft

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Jay
          Yes.
          ATR, supercooled raindrops and known icing conditions aren't a good mixture for a stressfree journey.
          But then again, this problem is with other aircrafts as well.
          Where can i get one of those stylish JP.net banners? - Got it!

Comment

... the pilot aborted the take-off. He adds that by that stage the nose gear had become airborne and the aircraft was about 3,700ft (1,130m) down the 7,000ft-long runway. The aircraft was unable to stop in time...
            WTF? Aborting a T/O after the noose lifted (after Vr)? Not being able to stop in 3300ft?

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
            --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

I agree.... WTF? There is obviously much more to this story than we are being told

Comment

I might like the ATR-72 more, if my only trip on one had not been with American Eagle. Worst. Airline. Ever.
                Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel
                  WTF? Aborting a T/O after the noose lifted (after Vr)? Not being able to stop in 3300ft?

That's exactly what I was thinking. How was he not able to stop with that much runway left? Any pilots care to take a gander here?

Anyway, this really sucks for Air Bagan. Are they allowed to fly internationally any more? I know that most nations in the area were denying them entry due to the current polititical sittutation in Myanmar (Burma).
                  Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
                    Even though that it's not as brand-new as the Etihad A346 that got decapitated at TLS a few months ago, but it "hurts" just as much to see this ATR72's broken neck. Call me sensitive, The ATR is one of my fav. aircraft.
                    We all know Bilo destroyed that one...

Comment

Working...
                    X