Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pi x flight# = the road to...

from Wikipedia:

Several aircraft operating under the flight number of 191 have crashed. These include Prinair Flight 191, Delta Air Lines Flight 191, X-15 Flight 191, and American Airlines Flight 191 which was then the most deadly commercial airline crash in U.S. history. Most recently, Comair Flight 5191 crashed on August 27, 2006 in Kentucky. The significance here is that the 5 in 5191 is just a computer designator indicating that it is a connection carrier for Delta Air Lines. In the Comair system and the ATC system, this flight was referred to as 191.

Pi x 191 +
    Pi x 19.1 +
    Pi x 1.91 =

ooooh
    moving quickly in air

I bet I could find a pattern of flight numbers that have crashed that when you add them together on a digital calculator and turned it upside down, it said boobs.
    That would accomplish just about as much as this novel equation.

Comment

go on, I like mathematical oddities and statistical coincidences
      moving quickly in air

Comment

Originally posted by Star Alliance
        .....turned it upside down, it said boobs.
        Would expect a picture posted next to it as well.......

for reference purposes of course.

Comment

Nothing wrong with the # 666. In fact that was the number i raced with in tne AMA when i raced pro motocross.

The fact that several flight #191 have become smoking holes in the ground and the fact that if you do an unrelated math equation with the result equaling 666 means "ZERO"
          Robin Guess Aviation Historian, Photographer, Web Designer.

http://www.Jet-Fighters.Net
          http://www.Jet-Liners.Net

Comment

ok, forget Pi, you're right it is just a meaningless number.

666/(666/191)=...

now thats freaky!

(ok i know, but there are lies, damn lies... its been a slow day)
            moving quickly in air

Comment

Hooray wikipedia!

Comment

Originally posted by orangehuggy
                from Wikipedia:

Several aircraft operating under the flight number of 191 have crashed. These include Prinair Flight 191, Delta Air Lines Flight 191, X-15 Flight 191, and American Airlines Flight 191 which was then the most deadly commercial airline crash in U.S. history. Most recently, Comair Flight 5191 crashed on August 27, 2006 in Kentucky. The significance here is that the 5 in 5191 is just a computer designator indicating that it is a connection carrier for Delta Air Lines. In the Comair system and the ATC system, this flight was referred to as 191.

Pi x 191 +
                Pi x 19.1 +
                Pi x 1.91 =

ooooh

Given that you said you like mathematical oddities, then:

pi*191+pi*19.1+pi*1.91=pi(191+19.1+1.91)=pi*212.01

pi is an irrational number, and 212.01 is a rational number.

A product of an irrational number and a rational number is always another irrational number, never a whole number.

That's so far for 666.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

I regard myself as a rational person and my wife as an irrational person. It is said that we are all merely numbers in this universe, therefore I must be a rational number and my wife an irrational number.

My wife, however, makes excellent pies. They are often divided by two and go into each of us perfectly with nothing remaining. To me pi=r squared means that each pie I eat makes my radius increase by a significant proportion.

We both work for the ambulance service. To obtain our services you need to dial 999.

........which is 666 upside down ! Think about it before you call
                  If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999
                    We both work for the ambulance service. To obtain our services you need to dial 999.

........which is 666 upside down ! Think about it before you call
                    999!? What the hell kinda freaky, backwards country you live in!?

Comment

Originally posted by Star Alliance
                      999!? What the hell kinda freaky, backwards country you live in!?
                      Agreed - across the pond, we use the much more sensible 911. Oh wait - don't we already have a thread going about this.
                      Terry
                      Lurking at JP since the BA 777 at Heathrow and AD lost responsiveness to the throttles.
                      How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth? Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
                      X