Airliners.net General Manager Killed In Plane Crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airliners.net General Manager Killed In Plane Crash

It is with deep regret that we announce that the head of the site, Paulo Emanuele, was killed in a plane crash here in Santa Monica just a short while ago.

From an executive at DM:

" ... Dear Airliners Crew,

It is with the deepest sorrow that I let know Paulo died this evening in a tragic plane crash. His plane took off out of Santa Monica Airport at 5:00 PM and lost power. Paulo attempted to return to the airport, but the plane crashed on the runway. This is all we know at this time, as I hear more I will let you all know. I know many of you were dear friends with Paulo.
    Paulo loved Airliners and everything it stood for.

Paulo was an amazing Pilot, an amazing photographer, an amazing friend, and an amazing father.

He will be deeply missed ... "

Very sad indeed - RIP.

That is indeed a tragedy. RIP.
    For the love of God, folks, don't try this at home.

Comment

Very sad news.

My thoughts are with family and friends of Paulo.
      May the Sun be with you. Resist the darkside.

Comment

My condolences to his family and friends.

As for him, well, I better keep that comment to myself...

Comment

As a private pilot, I cringe whenever I see a story like this. In times like these, the "rivalry" that exists between the two sites is certainly moved to the sidelines.

Heartfelt condolences to Paulo's friends, coworkers, and especially his wife and children from the entire crew at JetPhotos.Net, and condolences to the friends and family of the other occupant in the airplane as well.
          Last edited by Chris Kilroy; 2009-01-29, 15:26.
          Trump is an idiot!
          Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Kilroy View Post
            In times like these, the "rivalry" that exists between the two sites is certainly moved to the sidelines.

Absolutly, we are all doing what we like the most, aviation.
            My condolences to his family and friends.

Comment

That's incredibly sad.

May he RIP.

Comment

He died doing something he loved, that's the way I would want to go.
                Signatures are overrated

Comment

My condolences to all involved.
                  RIP
                  Don
                  Standard practice for managers around the world:
                  Ready - Fire - Aim! DAMN! Missed again!

Comment

Originally posted by Airfoilsguy View Post
                    He died doing something he loved, that's the way I would want to go.
                    I don't think he was loving it in his last few seconds......

Comment

Originally posted by HalcyonDays View Post
                      I don't think he was loving it in his last few seconds......
                      You sure about that? Its obvious he meant he died flying which he loved in general. Very sad to hear about anyone dying in crashes. RIP.
                      sigpic
                      http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

What a shame, I certainly hope it won´t affect the online community too much.
                        May his soul find rest.
                        "The real CEO of the 787 project is named Potemkin"

Comment

Originally posted by Alessandro View Post
                          What a shame, I certainly hope it won´t affect the online community too much.
                          On A.net I'm sure it will.
                          sigpic
                          http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

GM of Airliners.net dies in plane crash at SMO

My son just rushed in and told me about this story -

It is with the deepest sorrow that we let you know Paulo Emanuele, General Manager of Airliners.net died this evening in a tragic plane crash. His plane took off out of Santa Monica Airport around 5:00 PM and lost power. Paulo attempted to return to the airport, but did not make it. Paulo loved Airliners and everything it stands for.
                            He will be remembered for his passion, his kindness, and his love for life.
                            Paulo was an amazing pilot, an amazing photographer, an amazing friend, and an amazing father. He will be deeply missed.
                            Thank you Paulo for the time we had with you...We know you will be smiling down on us.
                            I know some of the people here also look on the al.net but at sad times like this, it doesn't matter who we work for, an aviation accident affects us all and something none of us ever want to see. I personally did not know of him but I would like to pass my condolences onto his loved ones

Comment

Please refer to this thread:
                              Use this forum to discuss aviation safety related incidents, accidents, and other aspects of aviation safety.

Comment

Working...
                              X