• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C-17 Crash in Texas

CNN is reporting a C-17 crash in Texas.
    Don
    Standard practice for managers around the world:
    Ready - Fire - Aim! DAMN! Missed again!

(CNN) -- An Air Force C-17 transport plane crashed Monday near Olney, Texas, callers to police there said.
    The C-17 is used for airlift of troops and cargo to operating bases.

The Olney Police Department reported that callers said the plane was flying low to the ground, and then crashed.
    Olney is about 45 miles south of Wichita Falls and 130 miles west of Dallas.
    The C-17 is a large, military transport aircraft.
    The plane measures 174 feet long (53 meters) with a wingspan of 169 feet, 10 inches (51.75 meters).
    The aircraft is operated by a crew of three -- pilot, copilot and loadmaster

Comment

A good week in aviation....

First the MD11 , now the C17. And a tailstrike of an A340....

Really bad....
      Once maintained: CS-TTQ, OO-SFM,SFN,SFO,SFV,SFW,VEK, VES, VEH, VEX, VEN, OO-TCI,J,O,R,P,H,N. F-GYAI, F-HCAO, F-GPEJ, F-GPEK, F-GSTS, F-GSTR, LX-N20199, OO-TNG

Have a nice flight!

Juul

My pictures on Jetphotos.net

Comment

CNN now says the Airforce says there was NO crash.
        Don
        Standard practice for managers around the world:
        Ready - Fire - Aim! DAMN! Missed again!

Comment

Originally posted by Dmmoore View Post
          CNN now says the Airforce says there was NO crash.

Maybe the Air Force will demonstrate that all the burning wreckage is from a scientific balloon.

Comment

I used to live near Ft. Hood and Gray Airfield in Texas, and used to see those C-17, A-10, etc. doing all kind of low terrain maneuvers, sometimes near the trees....so, I believe the latest report: no aircraft crash.
            A Former Airdisaster.Com Forum (senior member)....

Comment

Search called off after plane crash deemed false

• Story Highlights
              • Emergency crews call off search for C-17 transport plane
              • Initial Air Force reports of a crash were incorrect, Air Force spokesman says
              • Police reported that callers said a plane was flying low to ground, then crashed
              • Next Article in U.S. »

(CNN) -- Emergency crews called off a search in Texas for the wreckage of a C-17 transport plane after reports Monday of a possible crash proved unfounded.
              Callers to the Olney Police Department said they saw a low-lying plane, and a spokesman for Sheppard AFB initially reported a crash, but then retracted the report.

Air Force officials said an Air Force C-17 had been flying at low altitude near Olney, but the plane returned safely to Altus Air Force Base in southwest Oklahoma. E-mail to a friend

Comment

What gets me is how CNN jumped all over this, it spread like wildfire, they then misquoted AF officials, and now are saying that the AF (not CNN) are the ones who made the false report. When in actuality, the AF was pretty much the last entity to find out anything about the whole deal.

http://www.timesrecordnews.com/news/...called-strong/

Stellar reporting once again...

Comment

I think the (Air Force) is just trying to cover up another UFO crash. Those darn satellites that collided a while back caused an abundance of space trash which is wreaking havoc on those UFO flybys.

Comment

Working...
                  X