This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAA Alleges Airline Fudged Records to Exploit Crew, Schedule More Flights

For the most part I still consider flying airlines to be safe. To put it into perspective; I think it is safer than driving or riding in a car in the streets or on the freeway.

However I feel that there is a sickness throughout the aviation industry from many factors. As I have mentioned before I think the airline industry is being squeezed by a corrupt fascist government and the voters are partly to blame. I feel the public and the government is partly to blame because they (the voters, media and the government) make expensive token gestures to police the industry. However often resources are misapplied and sometimes even counterproductive. I feel the economy, public opinion, government regulation, are putting a tight squeeze on the aviation community. I think it is making the aviation community desperate, and regrettably often desperate people do desperate and corrupt things.

It seems that the average consumer would prefer to have cheap airline tickets, commercial aircraft equipped with flat-panel displays, satellite TV and hookups for their computers; then to have a happy well-paid, well-trained, well-rested crew and maintenance personnel and superior aircraft maintenance.

As I said before I think much of the public, the government and industry has their priorities screwed up and is partly to blame. I feel that political correctness is ruining our economy and jeopardizing our safety.

I think this story is just a symptom and the tip of the iceberg. I think this type of corruption and dereliction may be much wider (prevalent on other airlines and by other countries)
    The Federal Aviation Administration is considering a $1.3 million fine for Fort Lauderdale-based Gulfstream International Airlines after the airline allegedly violated FAA regulations.

Former pilots and other employees and the airline say the company routinely falsified flight-time records so that pilots would be scheduled to work more hours than permitted under federal safety rules.

The FAA is also expected to charge the airline with installing unapproved air conditioner compressors, as well as neglecting the maintenance of vent blowers on the airline's fleet of 27 BE-1900-D aircraft.

Gulfstream International has 30 days from the receipt of the civil penalty letter to respond to the FAA.
    Source

In this case at least in part the government seems to be taking appropriate action on the allegations.

Hooray Gulfstream. The one airline where the first officer (student) is paying more to be there than the passengers.

Comment

Gulfstream is not an airline, I don't care what their certificate says.

Comment

Originally posted by ATFS_Crash View Post
        As I have mentioned before I think the airline industry is being squeezed by a corrupt fascist government and the voters are partly to blame. I feel the public and the government is partly to blame because they (the voters, media and the government) make expensive token gestures to police the industry. However often resources are misapplied and sometimes even counterproductive. I feel the economy, public opinion, government regulation, are putting a tight squeeze on the aviation community. I think it is making the aviation community desperate, and regrettably often desperate people do desperate and corrupt things.

How about trying to make sense for a change?

Comment

Use this forum to discuss aviation safety related incidents, accidents, and other aspects of aviation safety.

Comment

Working...
          X