Emergency Landing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emergency Landing

Caught the news earlier that an aircraft made an emergency diversion and landing at London Gatwick this morning. 24/07/09
    This was caused by a large amount of smoke in the cabin apparently...

Anyone have any further details??

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

I think that's what your looking for. It wasn't even on the front page I had to search for it. Is it just me or has there been a lot of planes that have been smokey lately? Personally I think an air fire is the scariest thing around since when there is one there is no where to go. The possibility of burning alive also scares the shit out of me

Comment

Just a little side comment, this should probably be in the Aviation Safety Forums .

Originally posted by miked860 View Post
      I think that's what your looking for. It wasn't even on the front page I had to search for it. Is it just me or has there been a lot of planes that have been smokey lately? Personally I think an air fire is the scariest thing around since when there is one there is no where to go. The possibility of burning alive also scares the shit out of me
      I think that the reason that you are hearing about all these crashes is because they are telling you about them. Think about it, if there are 100 planes flying and 1 crashes, while there are 1 000 000 cars and 10 000 crash in a day then the media will probably report the 1 airplane crash, as it is probably more interesting then reporting 10 000 car crashes. So still air travel is one of the safest modes of travel around.

Once again though this is one of those things that the media is not always right on.

Nehal

Comment

Well said Nehal, I couldnt have said it better. The media nowadays will post anything to gain attention.

Comment

Working...
        X