Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help finding the documentation on a mishap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help finding the documentation on a mishap.

I used to use a mishap to drive home the importance of cockpit communications and a proper chain of command and the importance of coordinated teamwork.

My memory is fuzzy on the mishap. I think it was a light commuter (biz jet/ turbo prop). IIRC the pilots were planning to land at small airport; after the touchdown apparently they realized they had mistaken a grass strip or farmerís field for the airport that they intended to land at.

They both realized their mistake at the same time. I think it was the PIC that slammed the throttles into takeoff power. The other pilot started implementing emergency braking procedures. Either course of action would have likely resulted in preventing a catastrophic event; since they did not have good cockpit discipline and communications; it ended up being a catastrophic event since their actions were contradictory. If I recall correctly the aircraft went through a fence and then broke up after it went through a ditch.

I think the location was in some US Midwestern rural area.

I think I first read about it believe it or not in a readerís digest in about the 70s or 80s.

Does anyone know of or can find some information or an investigation report on this mishap? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I'll search in the library....

Comment

Working...
    X