Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cirrus sr-22 crash

Skipper Beck Killed In Rock Hill Plane Crash

Posted: 7:45 am EDT September 11, 2009Updated: 1:44 pm EDT September 11, 2009
    ROCK HILL, S.C. -- Prominent Charlotte businessman Skipper Beck was killed in a Rock Hill plane crash early Friday.
    William “Skipper” Beck Jr., 49, was piloting the Cirrus SR-22 that crashed just after takeoff from the Rock Hill/York County Airport at about 7:15 a.m. Witnesses said the plane took off and the pilot must have had trouble because he was turning back toward the airport when the plane suddenly went down.
    Officials said the plane caught fire after the crash. Pieces of the wreckage are small and widespread.
    “At first when I looked, I thought maybe it was a brush fire. But then I saw the big, long black line on the hill and then I started to see little pieces of debris. But the biggest piece of debris was maybe the size of my steering wheel, “ said witness Juliet Baucom. “I was completely amazed at how there was absolutely nothing left.”
    The Federal Aviation Administration AND the National Transportation Safety Board are investigating the crash. Beck was part owner of the Charlotte Bobcats.

Brings a question to mind. Does NTSB ever find a crime behind a plane crash? Sorry, but I watched CSI: Miami for a while and they had one or more episodes involving crimes causing planes to crash. All private planes.

Comment

Originally posted by EconomyClass View Post
      Brings a question to mind. Does NTSB ever find a crime behind a plane crash? Sorry, but I watched CSI: Miami for a while and they had one or more episodes involving crimes causing planes to crash. All private planes.
      Never. When there is any hint that it might have been a crime the case is handed to the FBI or the appropiate criminal investigative authority.

The NTSB then can serve as an "expert consultant" to that authority.

Examples: TWA & 9/11 (TWA was later discarded as a criminal act and was handed back to the NTSB who had to deal with corrupted evidence. For example the way the FBI interrogated the whitnesses or suspects trying to find a guilty criminal is not the same than the NTSB uses to try to find the truth without assigning blame, and the way the persons respond to those interrogations is also different, more defensive when asked by the FBI. The NTSB sort of complains about that in their final report)

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
      --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Working...
      X