• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by juan23 View Post
    Anybody remember this?

737 rapid decompression
    Your off topic people!

Gabriel, its your part of the planet get me a picture.......................please
    Not exactly my part. Close, but with the Andes in between.

Anyway, nothing to see, keep walking.

According to this forum, the 737-200 involved was CC-CTF. This airplane:

Acording to this article, the problem was just a cabin pressure INDICATION problem, there was no rapid depressurization, but there was a somehow rapid "pressurization" as the plane executed the very quick emergency descent, and that's what caused the ear pain and nose bleeding.

So sorry, you won't see a photo of the plane with a missing door or something like that.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Thanks Gabriel and congratulations on qualification it wouldn't be the same without you.
      This is the second reported explosive decompression of a 737 in recent weeks and therefore could be of of great significance, hence my eagerness for a report, Im not just looking for drama.

Comment

Pressurised oxygen cylinders are used for the Flight Crew as it provides a much longer duration supply than chemical generators. Generators a once use only, where as crew need to use oxygen for many different reasons so pressurised cylinders provide the flexibility generators don't. And they can just be recharged rather than replaced.

The reason passengers cannot take their own cylinders is that they need to be certifiied to comply with aviation standards and its too biger risk to rely on a passenger ensuring their cylinder complies. So they use the airlines ones which are covered by the Airlines System of Maintenance.

Another aspect is that Aviation Oxygen is different from Medical Oxygen. Aviation Oxy has a much lower percentage of water content thus is drier on the throat when breathing with it. 99% vs 95%

Comment

Working...
        X