Epilogue - Embraer 145 Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epilogue - Embraer 145 Questions

In reference to my original message/thread "Embraer 145 Questions", I just came back from my trip and these were my observations:

POSITIVE:

1. I liked the Embraer 145. It is compact but the windows are higher than the CRJ (which I liked) and it doesn't feel as small as the CRJ.

2. The flights were fairly smooth and the light patches of turbulence didn't feel any worse than in a larger jet.

3. They were fairly comfortable. I suggest sitting on the side with only one seat.

4. It was American Eagle and the pilots seemed mature enough. From a PM I received from a ERJ pilot it appears that due to layoffs, etc... most of the American Eagle pilots have plenty of experience, especially captains.

5. I enjoyed the flight.

NEGATIVE:

1. Only one restroom (not too bad).

2. F/A very picky about how big your carry-on was.

All in all it was good. This was not my first time on a ERJ145....I had traveled in them 3 or 4 times before, but I had never paid close attention to the comfort, details, etc...

The FA wasn't being "picky", he/she was aware of the available bin space (not much) and holding people to the size restrictions. I wish more FA's would do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by thxcollins View Post
      The FA wasn't being "picky", he/she was aware of the available bin space (not much) and holding people to the size restrictions. I wish more FA's would do the same.

I agree and I was not complaining. Space is limited and some people try to sneak in huge bags in order to save the $15-$30 baggage fee. My comment was that overhead space is smaller in the ERJ145 so even small bags may be an issue...compared to a larger jet. But the F/A was doing the right thing. Sorry my comment was not clear.

Comment

well, there is no checked bag fee on eagle flights if you gate check or valet check your bag. of course it has to meet the size restriction of a full size jet's carry-on limits, somewhere around 21". a 21" bag will not fit onboard ERJ's or CRJ's but you do not need to check them at ticketing. take them thru security and valet check them planeside.

Comment

Working...
        X