Four!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Four!!!!!!!

One never knows who's going to play through.......http://www.edmontonsun.com/news/Lucky landing
    Who's on first?..........

and to think that george carlin advocated getting rid of all golf courses...

Comment

I do not understand the title of this thread. Do you mean Fore instead of Four?

Rick G

Comment

Originally posted by Rick G View Post
        I do not understand the title of this thread. Do you mean Fore instead of Four?

Rick G
        obviously you understood it...so he made a spelling error. let us know when you are perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
          obviously you understood it...so he made a spelling error. let us know when you are perfect.
          LOL. I hadn't even noticed.Thanks for that guys!
          Who's on first?..........

Comment

According to the Hermann course scorecard, the 11th hole plays 411 yds from the gold tees (I assume the pilot didn’t land playing from the whites). Fortunately, the pilot didn’t opt to land on the longest hole (the 6th, a par 5 at 478 yds). This is the #1 handicap hole, which means there IS a dogleg, water hazards, or Bill Murray standing on the green with a C4 gopher grenade in the shape of a rabbit.

The grounds for the 11th appear to be surrounded by mature oak trees, which, as any golfer knows, are very unrelenting to golf balls and cessna wingtips. The "Sully" Cup should be awarded. Even Tiger would be proud.

I hope the pilot replaced his divot.

Comment

I have a friend who had gone to take the final inspection flight on an antique airplane he was buying. The owner of the airplane had used it the day before to gives rides at an airshow. About ten minutes into the flight the engine failed and they made a successful forced landing on the 12th hole ( a short par 5) on the Mission Trails golf course in San Diego. No injuries and only minor damage to the undercarriage. The engine failed from fuel starvation. My friend didn't complete the purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadstick View Post
                The engine failed from fuel starvation. My friend didn't complete the purchase.
                Nor the preflight check.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
                  Nor the preflight check.
                  Right. But it wasn't his airplane.

Comment

It was a joke. Half joke indeed.

If he was a pilot he should have known that a preflight check is required, and could have asked the pilot to do it or decline the flight.

Specially if I would be going to buy the plane, I might want to do the preflight check with the pilot (you know, to familiarize with the procedure and have a closer look at my future toy).

I dont blame your friend. It was not his responsibility. However, while he didn't cause the accident (neither directly nor indirectly), he COULD have done something to prevent it.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Ufo - I certainly hope he at least carried a sand bucket.

After your post I shall be getting the cards for the courses around my local airport to make sure I try and land on an easy hole should it ever be required. I wonder if an aircraft in the middle of the 8th fairway will make the hole play significantly over par for that day? Immovable obstruction? Or natural hazard?

Comment

Working...
                      X