Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAA Fines American 300K for failed pitot maintenance

~snip~

DALLAS (AP) ― Federal regulators have hit American Airlines with $300,000 in new penalties over maintenance issues.

The Federal Aviation Administration said Thursday American's mechanics put off maintenance last year on a part designed to ensure that pilots get accurate readings on speed.

The FAA said mechanics noted problems with a dashboard light on a McDonnell Douglas MD-82, then discovered the next day that a part called a pitot probe heater wasn't working.
    I do work for a domestic US airline, and it should be noted that I do not represent such airline, or any airline. My opinions are mine alone, and aren't reflective of anything but my own knowledge, or what I am trying to learn. At no time will I discuss my specific airline, internal policies, or any such info.

Oh, perfect! That's kind of an important part. No more wheel well wiring harness technicalities. This is the big leagues.

Comment

T.S.A. = Taking Scissors Away

I have nothing nice to say so I won't say anything else.
      I do work for a domestic US airline, and it should be noted that I do not represent such airline, or any airline. My opinions are mine alone, and aren't reflective of anything but my own knowledge, or what I am trying to learn. At no time will I discuss my specific airline, internal policies, or any such info.

Comment

Working...
      X