Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

737 down in San Andres island, Colombia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 737 down in San Andres island, Colombia?

Just heard on my local radio

"a 737 has crashed on San Andres island, Colombia while attempting to land"

Any more info?
    AirDisaster.com Forum Member 2004-2008

Originally posted by orangehuggy
    the most dangerous part of a flight is not the take off or landing anymore, its when a flight crew member goes to the toilet

CNN reporting a lightning strike and that an Aires Airlines 737-700 has broken apart on landing. 1 fatality, 34 injured.

Comment

Claim 114 injured and 1 fatality.
      "The real CEO of the 787 project is named Potemkin"

Comment

Any landing you walk away from?

Comment

Pic of the crashed plane.
          The fatality was a 65-year old male, his name is published on CNNs homepage.

Comment

This plane broke up in three. R.I.P it's amazing looking at the pictures how many people survived.

Comment

She dies of a heart attack at the hospital, not from sustained injuries....

And by the way, it looks like a hard landing to me...!!!!
              A Former Airdisaster.Com Forum (senior member)....

Comment

She?
                Anyways, flew first time 10 of january 2003, second owner after Easyjet.

Comment

One reprt says the plane touched down short of the runway then slid on to the runway.

Comment

G-ezju

Aircraft was G-EZJU with Easyjet and was withdrawn from service in January, joining Aires later that month:

Comment

Simply insane, comparing it to the Turkish 738 crash @ Amsterdam the severity seems so much worse, yet so much human life was saved. When I heard Aires was involved, I thought it may have been a 737 they leased from Globespan, as I see the red colors @ KFLL. My guess is severe windshear.

Comment

I'm so sorry for Aires, last month I made the flight BOG-JFK-BOG with them and for me it was such good flight, great attention from the crew and very comfortable. I think that there was a problem with the landing gear because some passengers that I listened to in the radio said that the plane landed well and then it broke up in two.

Comment

Originally posted by JDCOLOMBIA View Post
                          I'm so sorry for Aires, last month I made the flight BOG-JFK-BOG with them and for me it was such good flight, great attention from the crew and very comfortable. I think that there was a problem with the landing gear because some passengers that I listened to in the radio said that the plane landed well and then it broke up in two.
                          1 person dies and 130 others are subjected to and intensely traumatic experience and you feel sorry for the airline? why, because they lost a jet? am i missing something here?

Comment

Originally posted by Alessandro View Post
                            She?
                            Anyways, flew first time 10 of january 2003, second owner after Easyjet.
                            http://www.airfleets.net/ficheapp/pl...37ng-32416.htm
                            Yes, was a lady....
                            A Former Airdisaster.Com Forum (senior member)....

Comment

The Economist is calling the pilot the Columbian Sullenberger. Raise your hand if you see the irony.

Originally posted by The Economist
                              Colombia's Sully Sullenberger?
                              Aug 16th 2010, 22:35 by N.B. | WASHINGTON, DC

JUST one person was killed when a Colombian airliner broke apart while attempting a landing on the Caribbean resort island of San Andrés Monday morning. The jetliner, a Boeing 737 operated by the Colombian carrier Aires, shattered into three pieces on impact. Initial reports suggest that stormy weather may have contributed to the accident. But 73-year-old Amar Fernández de Barreto was the only fatality, felled by an apparent heart attack. Only five of the 131 passengers had major injuries, but some 90 were taken to the local hospital.

Colombian officials called the low casualty rate a "miracle," and credited the 737's pilot for avoiding a bloodbath. "The pilot’s professionalism prevented the plane from going off the runway," a Colombian national police official told Caracol Radio (via the Christian Science Monitor). My mind immediately jumps to last year's "miracle on the Hudson," when US Airways pilot Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger successfully landed a damaged Airbus 320 in New York's Hudson River. There were no fatalities in that incident.

Comment

Working...
                              X