US Air flight diverted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Air flight diverted

Five crew members of a US Airways flight were taken to a hospital Tuesday night because of an unknown odor on the plane.

maybe it was the smell of the crap they call food...

now that i think about it, i cannot recall one time where they actually discovered a dangerous vapor or compound in the 10's of these "funky smell" diversions. we always hear about them, but have they ever found something wrong? makes me wonder if it isn't just a bunch of hypochondriac flight attendants...

Comment

Do you know what stinks here?
      Flight attendants got ill. Flight attendants were rushed to hospital. Hundreds of passengers flying in the same cabin than the FA's didn't get ill and didn't need medical interventiona and were well enough on a new plane.

Selective-harm vapours? Or maybe the source of the harmful odor was the uniforms?

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
      --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Interesting... I took that flight back in May. A330 from CLT to FCO.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I would think there are more than 5 flight attendants on that flight, so it wasn't (necessarily) the entire crew.

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
          Do you know what stinks here?
          Flight attendants got ill. Flight attendants were rushed to hospital. Hundreds of passengers flying in the same cabin than the FA's didn't get ill and didn't need medical interventiona and were well enough on a new plane.

Selective-harm vapours? Or maybe the source of the harmful odor was the uniforms?
          i'm telling ya, it was the food! they were too close to the food!

Comment

Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
            i'm telling ya, it was the food! they were too close to the food!
            Our survival depends not only on finding someone who can fly a plane, but someone who didn't have fish for dinner!
            Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
              Our survival depends not only on finding someone who can fly a plane, but someone who didn't have fish for dinner!
              Zero Hour!

Comment

A similar thing happened on a Southwest flight in June. The cause was some sort of cleaning/disinfectant spray used in the lav. I wonder if this is due to some new product out there on the market that certain germ-phobic travelers are starting to use. Perhaps only certain people have a reaction to it. If so, then we can expect more of this until it is identified....

Comment

Originally posted by DJR107 View Post
                  Zero Hour!

(and the Re-make)
                  Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Turkey Sammiches.

The FBI says it has launched an investigation into the discovery of sewing needles in turkey sandwiches on separate Delta Air Lines flights.

Comment

Originally posted by DJR107 View Post
                      Zero Hour!
                      I didn't know what Zero Hour! was, so I Googled it:

Originally posted by Wikipedia
                      Plot

During the war, six members of pilot Ted Stryker's squadron are killed due to a command decision made by him. Years later, in civilian life in Canada, a guilt-stricken Stryker goes through many jobs and his marriage is in trouble.
                      Stryker finds a note at home and rushes to the airport to board a commercial flight. His wife Ellen is on board with young son Joey, leaving him for good. He asks for one last chance, but Ellen explains that she no longer can love a man she does not respect.
                      The flight is routine until stewardess Janet Turner begins the meal service. Meat or fish is the option, but when a number of passengers begin feeling sick, a doctor aboard determines that there must have been something toxic in the fish.
                      While attending to others, including Stryker's son, the stewardess and doctor discover that both the pilot and co-pilot have also become seriously ill. No one is left to fly the plane. Stryker is the only one with experience, but he has not flown for 10 years and has no familiarity with aircraft of this size. And the weather is so foggy, Flight 714 must bypass Calgary and continue on toward Vancouver before it can land.
                      Stryker's superior in the war, Captain Treleaven, is summoned to instruct him how to land the plane. Ellen joins her husband in the cockpit to handle the radio. Ordered to remain airborne, Stryker makes another command decision to bring the jet down because passengers will die if they do not get to a hospital soon.
                      Isn't that Airplane! ?
                      I mean, of course that Airplane! is a parody of air-disaster films, but I though it was more a generic parody of the genre and not a funny remake of one particular movie.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                      --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Isn't that Airplane! ?
                        I mean, of course that Airplane! is a parody of air-disaster films, but I though it was more a generic parody of the genre and not a funny remake of one particular movie.
                        Much of the dialogue for Airplane! was taken almost verbatim from Zero Hour! Paramount, who produced Airplane!, owned the rights to Zero Hour! at the time, so they were able to make extensive use of it.

A humorous comparison of the two movies...
                        AIRPLANE! is a remake of ZERO HOUR, the 1957 movie. Here are some scenes from the two films.
                        KC-135: Passing gas and taking names!

Comment

Isn't that Airplane! ?
                          Those movies have made me always wonder- what chance would a novice (or dummy per se) have at landing an airliner if the pilots were incapacitated by food poisoning or something?

Comment

Working...
                          X