No announcement yet.

How to research accident hearing info?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to research accident hearing info?

Hello all:

I've been trying to research the UA/TWA collision accident of Dec. 16, 1960 because there are still many unanswered questions - it was the worst airline accident in the US at that time and so far all representations that I've seen in the media contain inaccuracies.

I do know where to get copies of accident reports and also articles and pictures in libraries, collections, internet, etc. I have been able to obtain or view those.

But what I don't know is how to obtain a transcript or copy of the witness testimony during the hearings for this accident. I'd really like to know what those people claim to have seen. Unlike most cases, it has been said that witness testimony in this accident was fairly consistent, at least in the main details.

I don't know if that falls under the jurisdiction of the US NTSB or FAA, or if a FOIL (Freedom of Information Law) request has to be filed, or with whom. I have checked the aforementioned websites with no luck so far.

Does anyone know how to obtain that kind of information here in the US - for a private citizen, not a journalist nor for publication?

Any input greatly appreciated - thanks!

The National Archives maybe?

Comment

Working...
    X