Malaysia Airlines Loses Contact With 777 en Route to Beijing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post
    Read Gabriel's post below yours! Stop watching so much TV! It isn't real shit it's a TV show!!

? sjoe! It was reported from news sources so what is with the TV reference

Comment

• Originally posted by starchyme View Post

Oh it was reported from a news source, never mind it must be true then!!
      And you read it on the Internet so it HAS to be true!

Comment

I think BoeingBobby is referring to TV shows/movies. And just because it's on the news that doesn't mean who put it there knows more than you do. As a matter of fact, the journalists should follow BoeingBobby's advice, too, if you ask me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
          How long will it take to "be satisfied that they are all out" "for good"?

I offer an alternative. The pilot just doesn't tell anybody what he is doing (what happened to the other pilot must still be figured out, maybe he was part of this too). It was night so it would have been very difficult for the passengers to note that the plane was not flying over the expected zone. When the time of landing was close, he just says that they are diverting due to weather. Then they start what seemed a normal approach except that it was into the middle of the Indian ocean... or some military airfield in one of the Xxxxstan counties.
          I, among others, could be making too much of the exact altitude figures being thrown out there, considering they're among the less reliable data. Let's say they took the plane up closer to 40,000 feet before lowering it to a non-standard cruising altitude in an uneven descent. The purpose of that might again be more a matter of trying to beguile anyone looking for them. When a plane's in distress, having seemingly "dropped off the radar", the expectation is for a decrease in altitude, not an altitude approaching coffin corner.

So your scenario is plausible. However, I still have to think that a sharp climb upwards of 45,000 feet is going to disorient and incapacitate everyone more quickly and more assuredly than a more gradual depressurization (or none at all). And the deed would be done, so to speak.

Comment

• Yesterday it was reported the plane made zigzag flight between named waypoints, and placed path that went south of Thailand and headed towards below India, with the US redirecting the USS Kidd into that area. Today's development that places the plane well north or south of yesterday's potential track.

If both are somewhat accurate then the plane made a major heading change from yesterday's flight path to end up where they are talking about today.

Even with the Satellites involved it underscores how confusing the situation is and difficult to pinpoint where this plane may be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter Kesternich View Post
              I think BoeingBobby is referring to TV shows/movies. And just because it's on the news that doesn't mean who put it there knows more than you do. As a matter of fact, the journalists should follow BoeingBobby's advice, too, if you ask me.
              You mean boeing bobby and gabriel is not speculaling from things they read from news sources and the internet? Wow! seems most of us are at a disadvanage then. I think we all know that the media is just spurring also what they are fed. no need to go off at non hostile speculations if all info is bogus. just following what is seen and commenting like them but Since they have superior filtering of what is bogus and have superior information sources, yes let the journalist source from them for sure.

Comment

• for reference to those interested. see question 29. anyway irrelevant now to solve the location/mystery. pity.

Comment

You mean boeing bobby and gabriel is not speculaling from things they read from news sources and the internet? Wow! seems most of us are at a disadvanage then. I think we all know that the media is just spurring also what they are fed. no need to go off at non hostile speculations if all info is bogus. just following what is seen and commenting like them but Since they have superior filtering of what is bogus and have superior information sources, yes let the journalist source from them for sure.
                  I am not basing my opinions on anything other than my personal thoughts and 40+ years experience as a professional pilot at this point. At first I would have thought it was a terrorist act, however after two days of no one claiming responsibility for it, I have to think is was not. The WHOLE purpose of a terrorist act is to instill terror. If no one is going to claim responsibility for it then there is no terror instilled.

Comment

Well, BoeingBobby and Gabriel are - as far as I know - at least real-world pilots, and many users on this forum here have made aviation one of their main areas of interest. On the other hand, I would say that most journalists out there have no more knowledge of aviation matters than the general population, i.e. they have maybe travelled on a plane and that's it. Therefore, I will definitely put a lot more trust in speculation by BoeingBobby, Gabriel and several other people on this forum here, than on what speculation is spun out there by mainstream journalists.

Comment

for reference to those interested. see question 29. anyway irrelevant now to solve the location/mystery. pity.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/03/15/wo...html?hpt=hp_c2

Just for you starchme:

Comment

Alone in the cockpit with the ability to start pulling circuit breakers, he first disables the passenger oxygen system. He dons his oxygen mask and slowly raises the cabin so as not to alert the flight attendants. Time of useful consciousness at FL350 is around 5 minutes. After he is satisfied that they are all out (and he can take a look on his cockpit cameras of the back), he re-pressurizes the airplane so he can do his dirty work. He then starts the systematic shutdown of all of the communication equipment.
                        If this was the sequence of events, then ACARS would have reported the cabin altitude anomaly before he shut it down. According to Ny Times, ACARS was shut down first, then I imagine he could have selected the outflow valves open and gone to supplemental O2. The transponder was shut down later, after the hand off to Vietnam. This would be the point were he could divert the flight.

One thing to consider, as the cabin pressure slowly decreased, temperature would as well and I can magine some pax getting a bit angry about that, maybe sensing something wrong, maybe making a call or a text message (if possible). But maybe coherence would suffer too much for that.

But why are you betting money on the Capt here? WHy not the F/O?

Is insurance fraud the only conceivable motive here? Any scenario I can see based on the projected arcs from the satellite seems suicidal to me.

If it's in the water, there will be some floating wreckage. Unless it ditched in one piece. Unlikely? Look at the previous 777 crashes. Slamming into a seawall and doing a near cartwheeel... Pancaking down on the runway approach at a vertical speed high enough to send the main gear through the wings... The hull seems pretty robust in crash situations. Maybe a very experienced pilot, with a lot of practice on a homemade flight sim, could ditch it intact...

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter Kesternich View Post
                          Well, BoeingBobby and Gabriel are - as far as I know - at least real-world pilots.
                          Let's say that BoeingBobby's bit more of experience and bit bigger and bit more complex airplane makes him a bit more real-world pilot than me.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                          --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

I get "This video is not available in your country."
                            What's in there?

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                            --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan View Post
                              If this was the sequence of events, then ACARS would have reported the cabin altitude anomaly before he shut it down.

Who cares what he did first, I am giving a senario.

According to Ny Times, ACARS was shut down first,

Oh the N.Y. Times said it so it has to be true!

then I imagine he could have selected the outflow valves open and gone to supplemental O2.

Probably best to get your oxygen mask on first as long as you are SO concerned about the sequence of events.

The transponder was shut down later, after the hand off to Vietnam. This would be the point were he could divert the flight.

One thing to consider, as the cabin pressure slowly decreased, temperature would as well and I can magine some pax getting a bit angry about that, maybe sensing something wrong, maybe making a call or a text message (if possible). But maybe coherence would suffer too much for that.

But why are you betting money on the Capt here? WHy not the F/O?

Just my suspicion.

Is insurance fraud the only conceivable motive here? Any scenario I can see based on the projected arcs from the satellite seems suicidal to me.

If it's in the water, there will be some floating wreckage. Unless it ditched in one piece. Unlikely? Look at the previous 777 crashes. Slamming into a seawall and doing a near cartwheeel... Pancaking down on the runway approach at a vertical speed high enough to send the main gear through the wings... The hull seems pretty robust in crash situations. Maybe a very experienced pilot, with a lot of practice on a homemade flight sim, could ditch it intact...

If he put it into the drink at 500+ knots, the largest piece will be about the size of a dish plate. The seats and luggage etc. are what will be found first.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
                                I get "This video is not available in your country."
                                What's in there?

A great old Twilight Zone from the 1961

Comment

Working...
                                X