No announcement yet.

Malaysia Airlines Loses Contact With 777 en Route to Beijing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Later Saturday, the head of the Joint Agency Coordination Centre in Australia that is overseeing the search said there was "no confirmation at this stage that the signals and the objects are related to the missing aircraft." The statement said the floating objects were 90 kilometers, or about 55 miles, from where the pulse signal was detected.
    The page you're trying to access could not be found or is no longer available.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

• Nothing better than the source.
      TThe Chief Coordinator of the Joint Agency Coordination Centre, Air Chief Marshal Angus Houston (Ret'd), said reports that the Chinese ship, Haixun 01, had detected electronic pulse signals in the Indian Ocean related to MH370 could not be verified at this point in time.

“I have been advised that a series of sounds have been detected by a Chinese ship in the search area. The characteristics reported are consistent with the aircraft black box. A number of white objects were also sighted on the surface about 90 kilometres from the detection area. However, there is no confirmation at this stage that the signals and the objects are related to the missing aircraft,“ Air Chief Marshal Houston (Ret'd) said.

“Advice tonight from the Australian Maritime Safety Authority's Rescue Coordination Centre (RCC) and the Australian Transport Safety Bureau is that they cannot verify any connection to the missing aircraft.

“The RCC in Australia has spoken to the RCC in China and asked for any further information that may be relevant.

“The deployment of RAAF assets to the area where the Chinese ship detected the sounds is being considered.

“I will provide further updates if, and when, more information becomes available.”

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---

Comment

• Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
        I hope they found it, but there's been so many false leads, I'm still very doubtful they actually found the black boxes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jpmkam View Post
          I hope they found it, but there's been so many false leads, I'm still very doubtful they actually found the black boxes.
          Say its real. Do they send down robot subs or something to bring it up?

Comment

• Originally posted by EconomyClass View Post
            Say its real. Do they send down robot subs or something to bring it up?
            Yes. Like in the Air France crash.

Comment

• Gabriel rocks!

Gabriel, you rock in my humble opinion. This post is simply a thank you for your excellent posts & keeping me viewing every day. Thank you. Boeing Bobby rocks too & I hope to see him handbrake turn the cargo into Waddingon someday. Well done everybody who makes this page such an interesting read...Right, where's me washboard?! Woz

Comment

• Originally posted by AVION1 View Post
                Only "black boxes' transmit on that frequency 37.5 khz. Just like the ELT, they transmit in only one frequency 121.5 mhz or 406 mhz, nothing else as far as I know is authorized to send a signal on those frequencies.
                So, I am pretty sure they found it.
                not true. commercially available Epirbs broadcast on 406 mhz. it is a universal frq for rescue type stuff. that said, there could be ten million devices broadcasting on 406 mhz. 37.5 khz? no clue...

Comment

• Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
                  not true. commercially available Epirbs broadcast on 406 mhz. it is a universal frq for rescue type stuff. that said, there could be ten million devices broadcasting on 406 mhz. 37.5 khz? no clue...
                  Older model ELTs are on 121.5 the new ELTs are on COSPAS/SARSAT frequency 406 mhz.
                  A Former Airdisaster.Com Forum (senior member)....

Comment

• “I have been advised that a series of sounds have been detected by a Chinese ship in the search area. The characteristics reported are consistent with the aircraft black box.

In other words a signal at 37.5 khz is consistent with the aircraft black box. What else is that consistent with? Nothing. So either they located the black box or they are lying about the entire affair. Those are the only two options i see here.

Comment

• Looks like they detected the signal a second time:

Australian searchers say a Chinese ship has heard a signal for a second time, calling it an encouraging lead in the hunt for missing flight MH370.

The signal lasted only 90 seconds? Couldn't they stop the engines to hold position? Or, if they tow the detector, turn around? Not only the flight disappearance, also search activities look a bit mysterious.

As this is my first post to this forum: HELLO EVERYBODY

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan View Post
                        In other words a signal at 37.5 khz is consistent with the aircraft black box. What else is that consistent with? Nothing. So either they located the black box or they are lying about the entire affair. Those are the only two options i see here.
                        Well, it seems that someone was spreading pingers in the zone. Three different sources found by three different ships in a 300 NM area:

On Apr 6th 2014 video evidence of a press conference shows the coordinator of the JACC reporting that ADV Ocean Shield, with their towed ping locator, have located a third source of 37.5kHz pulse sound. On Friday Apr 4th 2014 Haixun 01 had located a "fleeting" source of ping sound, on Saturday Apr 5th 2014 Haixun 01 located a second source of ping sound, which was published through Xinhua, the two signals were 1.2nm apart from each other. The ping detected by ADV Ocean Shield is about 300nm from the location of Haixun's detected signals. ADV Ocean Shield is going to explore their own signal while HMS Echo has been dispatched to join Haixun 01 with both ships exploring the signals detected by Haixun 01.
                        Aviation Herald - News, Incidents and Accidents in Aviation

Comment

• How many days till the battery and the signals go dead? I was just looking at the info on Cassini Huygens. It has a power source generated by a plutonium pellet. Now, that's a billion dollar project, so there'll never be any sort of similar battery in the thousands of airliners. But space exploration has generated innumerable spinoffs. Isn't it possible that SOMETHING engineered for space exploration could extend the beacon life in these airliners? I know that the philosophy of "free market" says throw as many planes into the sky as possible and accept the reality of cutting costs to the bone. But I'm quite sure if a premium power source became a global requirement, they'd just pass any cost on to customers, so why not develop and mandate such a thing? Finding recorders is an absolute necessity for the process of discovery of flaws in procedures and equipment, so a few more cents or dollars in travel should be worth it.

Comment

How many days till the battery and the signals go dead?
                            The requirement is at least 30 days. The reality will be just a slight margin of safety beyond that.

Comment

How many days till the battery and the signals go dead? I was just looking at the info on Cassini Huygens. It has a power source generated by a plutonium pellet. Now, that's a billion dollar project, so there'll never be any sort of similar battery in the thousands of airliners. But space exploration has generated innumerable spinoffs. Isn't it possible that SOMETHING engineered for space exploration could extend the beacon life in these airliners? I know that the philosophy of "free market" says throw as many planes into the sky as possible and accept the reality of cutting costs to the bone. But I'm quite sure if a premium power source became a global requirement, they'd just pass any cost on to customers, so why not develop and mandate such a thing? Finding recorders is an absolute necessity for the process of discovery of flaws in procedures and equipment, so a few more cents or dollars in travel should be worth it.
                              Those spacecraft use a radioactive thermal generator, the principle is similar to the probes we use in aircraft engines, chromel-alumel, we convert heat into electricity, in order to read oil temperature or engine temperature. Those spacecraft convert the heat from those radioactive pellets into electricity, with a chromel-alumel plate attached around. As you can see, not moving parts is involved. I doubt we can use it on commercial airplanes.
                              A Former Airdisaster.Com Forum (senior member)....

Comment

• Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
                                The requirement is at least 30 days. The reality will be just a slight margin of safety beyond that.
                                There were reports that the flight recorders may not have been properly maintained and that the battery life may be significantly shorter than that.

One 37.5 khz claimed by the Chinese and another claimed by the Aussies 300km away. Maybe it is still flying underwater...

Comment

Working...
                                X