Malaysia Airlines Loses Contact With 777 en Route to Beijing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
    It would be faster to count the ones that don't.
    Let's start. Finished.

Good to know. I posted on Facebook (to someones page) that I believe only one person on that flight had the experience and knowledge to take the flight off course and that Occam's razor should now come into play.

My comment was called unfounded, insensitive, uninformed, disrespectful and ignorantly judgemental. I was also told to shut up.

Oddly enough, the person believes that the CIA, Obama etc had something to do with the disappearance, not the Captain.

Ok then.
    AirDisaster.com Forum Member 2004-2008

Originally posted by orangehuggy
    the most dangerous part of a flight is not the take off or landing anymore, its when a flight crew member goes to the toilet

Comment

• Originally posted by James Bond View Post
      How many here believe that the "Captain did it"?
      + 1
      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• Originally posted by James Bond View Post
        ***I believe only one person on that flight had the experience and knowledge to take the flight off course***

***Occam's razor should now come into play.***

***My comment was called unfounded,[snipped right here for a reason]***
        The cap'n may be the most likely, but he's far from the only person. The bold font to the left is what makes your comment unfounded.

Occam's razor requires that you eliminate plausible causes...not pick the best guess. Very little has been eliminated...including CIA and Obama involvement- not that I'd bet anything more than an empty beer can on that.

Excuse me, I'll finish this post later, someone's at the door.
        Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3WE View Post
          The cap'n may be the most likely, but he's far from the only person. The bold font to the left is what makes your comment unfounded.
          I find myself agreeing with 3WE (which only adds to the mystery). We can't condemn the bastard until we have the evidence. And that will probably never happen.

Was there a stowaway in the avionics bay? Oh look, I made a rhyme.

Comment

• You are all wrong.

First if all, James Bond asked:

The question was about belief, not knowledge, proof or evidence.

Second point, Occam's razor doesn't require you to eliminate anything.
            Rather the opposite: It says that, when there are competitive candidate solutions, simplest solutions should be preferred. And it can be interpreted in basically 2 ways:
            - Simpler solutions have fewer things that can be wrong so, other things being equal, they are more likely to be correct.
            - If you have 2 competitive ways to explain some natural phenomena, and both have the same explanation power, then the simplest one should be preferred.

But it is just a problem solving and focusing tool. It is in no way a scientific rule do demonstrate that something is right and something else is wrong.

That's why I like Einstein's version of Occam's razor: “Make things as simple as possible, but not simpler.”

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
            --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

You are all wrong.

First if all, James Bond asked:

The question was about belief, not knowledge, proof or evidence.
              Those are some shifty semantics Gabriel. 'Belief' implies resolution. People who 'believe' in God generally are not open to the possibility that God doesn't exist. Same goes for people who 'believe' in extraterrestrials or that the moon landings were an elaborate Kubrickian illusion.

I believe it was an act of 'murdercide'. Just not prepared to condemn anyone in particular until there is evidence to prove that 'beyond a reasonable doubt'.

There is still room for 'reasonable doubt' here. In the US, this is the founding principle by which people are condemned, because the founders knew it is better to let a bad man go free than to falsely condemn a good one.

I prefer the word 'suspect' here. I suspect it was the Captain, as the evidence supports that hypothesis.

The best that can come of this is that we strengthen pyschological monitoring of pilots and create strategies to prevent a single pilot from taking control and commiting malicious acts.

Comment

You are all wrong.
                Ok, fine.

If that's so, I would like to know the $20 term/namesake for the logical rule, that

...after you have eliminated all other possibilities, what remains, no matter how seemingly unlikely, is the explanation.
                Spock's Razor?

PS- I don't think Gabriel is arguing with us...just dealing on the old "what we mean to say, what we actually say, and what folks hear us say" to the exponent of an internet discussion forum multiplied by the human factors coefficient

+ a dose of pedantic engineer ISO-9007 QC factor...

Of course, he might be TECHNICALLY right- so I suggest we insult him
                Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3WE View Post
                  Ok, fine.

If that's so, I would like to know the $20 term/namesake for the logical rule, that

...after you have eliminated all other possibilities, what remains, no matter how seemingly unlikely, is the explanation.
                  Spock's Razor?
                  I don't know. I've heard that one, it is a good one, but it is definitely NOT any version of Occam's razor which deals with the simplest vs less simple explanations.
                  The one above, by the way, is a tautology. Of course that, if you start from the set of all conceivable explanations for something, as you eliminate some of them finding them incorrect, the subset of non-eliminated ones contains the correct one. A tautology is true in itself, so the above "aphorism" (for lack of a better name) is necessarily true. But it is not Occam's razor which is NOT always true, it's rather a "guideline". But sometimes the simplest explanation happens to be NOT the correct one (and stops being an explanation).

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---

Comment

...Occam's razor...Spock's razor...tautology...aphorism....sometimes the simplest explanation happens to be NOT the correct one (and stops being an explanation).
                    Any relevance to short circuits in center wing tanks vs. meteors?

Oh- and a moderator-warning-worthy personal insult to you- just because.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3WE
                      So then, we still have 239 possibilites to eliminate, plus the ones we don't know about...

(btw, I think that's more of an adage than an aphorism)

Comment

• I Believe that the captain was responsible. Why ? well....

Australian officials confirm Malaysia Airlines captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah’s simulator did show route where plane is believed to have vanished

Malaysian police believe Captain Zaharie Shah, 53, is the most likely culprit if the missing Malaysian airline was lost due to human intervention on March 8, earlier this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                          I Believe that the captain was responsible. Why ? well....

Australian officials confirm Malaysia Airlines captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah’s simulator did show route where plane is believed to have vanished

Malaysian police believe Captain Zaharie Shah, 53, is the most likely culprit if the missing Malaysian airline was lost due to human intervention on March 8, earlier this year.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/201...n_4973402.html
                          I was thinking of that... I didn't read the 500-pages report yet, only the introduction and conclusions. Was there any mention of the flight sim in the report?

Comment

• Victor Iannello on Twitter:

Sources are now coming forward with what I concluded in Nov 2016: The six coordinates found on the captain's computer with takeoff at KLIA and ending in fuel exhaustion in the SIO were all from the same simulation session.

The final report on the disappearance of MH370 is a “cover-up” of the captain’s actions according to two industry sources in Malaysia. One source said, the “seven flight waypoints” recovered from Capt. Zaharie Ahmad Shah’s flight simulator program — flown just weeks before the plane’s disappearance and which replicated MH370’s final flight — were all from […]

AirDisaster.com Forum Member 2004-2008

Originally posted by orangehuggy
                            the most dangerous part of a flight is not the take off or landing anymore, its when a flight crew member goes to the toilet

Comment

• Say it isn't so.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post
                                Say it isn't so.
                                I fear Bobby that it is so.

Comment

Working...
                                X