Delta airplane got hail...!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post
    This was pointed out to Evan and others after the Delta encounter over China a couple of weeks ago in a 747-400. Evan likes to call for corporal punishment a lot! Must be a childhood thing with him!
    Hey! All I said in that thread was that MAYBE Boeing should consider building better radomes with mil-spec rain erosion coatings. And apparently so should Airbus. I also said I don't know if those things stand up any better to hail. Hail should be avoided at ALL COSTS.

But this one seems to be a more egregious case of yippie ki yi yay syndrome. Denver had to get things into CAT III position and I believe we are talking CAT IIIc because they could not even taxi. But maybe the report will vindicate them, somehow...

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post
      "The red zone is for loading and unloading only. There is no flying in a red zone."
      Be alert! America needs more lerts.

Eric Law

Comment

I don't carry no stinkin' IPad
        ...but the mere thought of it, does give one a crap-eating grin...?

...by the way, any comment as to whether it would be worthwhile to send modern, timely, ground-based hail information up airliners not_necessarily on an I-pad?
        Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by elaw View Post
          "The red zone is for loading and unloading only. There is no flying in a red zone."
          ...Look, elaw, don't start with your after-the-fact internet RADAR shit, you know the real issue is that Boeing Bobby thinks things are just fine as they are...and it really is the best reasonable option and used frequently every day to move thousands of people and things quickly across the world...
          Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post
            Seriously, they should at least get a whipping. This one was clearly on radar.

Loss of WXR, damage to both engines and a forced Cat IIIc landing. One pax hospitalized and a lot scared out of their minds. Well done Delta.
            Does this put Delta on your no-fly list, Evan? Two airplanes busted up by hail, one nearly gone swimming at LGA is rather more than what Skywest has done, and you got them on that list, so certainly you will be consistent and henceforth avoid the widget, correct?

Comment

I don't carry no stinkin' IPad
              Come on? You don't ask Siri when you're going to arrive and what the weather will be like?

Comment

Working...
              X