Weird Delta Aircraft Landing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Delta Aircraft Landing

Someone sent me this video -- what would cause this situation to happen?
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=315265691983609

Wrong universe buddy

Comment

Originally posted by Highkeas View Post
      Someone sent me this video -- what would cause this situation to happen?
      https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=315265691983609
      What are you asking? Why people randomly send you videos? Or why the flight dynamics are buggy in MS Flight Sim?

Comment

Originally posted by Highkeas View Post
        ...what would cause this situation to happen?...
        A fear of relentless pull ups.
        Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by sjwk View Post
          What are you asking? Why people randomly send you videos? Or why the flight dynamics are buggy in MS Flight Sim?
          I agree that I submitted a badly worded question. I now see that this is from a flight simulator?

Comment

Awesome, Delta finally took delivery of those 787s they ordered a decade ago
            Parlour Talker Extraordinaire

Comment

Forgot to arm the ground spoilers...

Comment

... and pushed the column forward too fast and/or too far... this is called wheel-barrowing.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Kesternich View Post
                  ... and pushed the column forward too fast and/or too far... this is called wheel-barrowing.
                  Yes, pushed all the way to the 'WHEELBARROWING' detent.

Comment

Capn's hat must be worn sideways and at a rakish angle in order to score full points while executing this manuver.
                    Live, from a grassy knoll somewhere near you.

Comment

Actually.....many years ago when I was but a mere youth and BOAC had Bristol Britannia's and Heathrow was quiet enough to allow for training flight circuits I witnessed such an incident where a Brittannia trainee ran a good quarter of the length of 27L on the nose wheel alone.
                      The assembled enthusiasts on the top of the Queens Building held their breath and waited for the bang that happily didn't occur. !!!
                      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                        Actually.....many years ago when I was but a mere youth and BOAC had Bristol Britannia's and Heathrow was quiet enough to allow for training flight circuits I witnessed such an incident where a Brittannia trainee ran a good quarter of the length of 27L on the nose wheel alone.
                        The assembled enthusiasts on the top of the Queens Building held their breath and waited for the bang that happily didn't occur. !!!
                        This is generally a bad thing to do unless you have conventional gear...causes nose gear shimmy on Cessnas and sexist CRM discussions WRT WN.
                        Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Working...
                        X