AA pilot dies during flight.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AA pilot dies during flight.

The captain on an AA PHX-BOS flight today died during the flight: http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/05/us/ame...s-pilot-death/

The web accounts are surprisingly low-key, but on the local TV news they were portraying it as a miracle that the plane made it to an airport in one piece (in the hands of the copilot).

RIP.

(Edited to remove an ill-considered joke)
    Be alert! America needs more lerts.

Eric Law

Reports say he had a bypass back in 2006. Sometimes life gives you a hint...

Comment

Not funny.

Comment

"AA pilot prematurely retired"

Don't you think you should rename this thread? Quite crass in my opinion!

Comment

Actually in hindsight, yes I do and I've changed it. Or at least I thought I did... the old title still shows up in the thread lists. Maybe a mod/admin can change that?

I did not mean to say that the death of this person was funny. I'm sure to those who knew and loved him, this is a very painful event and my feelings go out to them. And to the guy who was sitting next to him in the cockpit... if I were in that position, I'd probably be pretty rattled.

What I meant to say was that in this time when it seems like airlines and regulators are trying to control and program the actions of flight crews down to every little detail in every eventuality as if they were machines, that this guy managed to do something extremely human and there wasn't a thing the people in power could do about it.

Sorry if I offended anyone.
          Be alert! America needs more lerts.

Eric Law

Comment

Elaw has spoken to me via PM and done the right thing. Respect for that.
            If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by elaw View Post

And to the guy who was sitting next to him in the cockpit... if I were in that position, I'd probably be pretty rattled.
              Why? I'd just pull him out of MY seat, and be sure to submit a request for CA pay for that portion of the flight that took place after the bless...err...unfortunate event.

Comment

Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post
                "AA pilot prematurely retired"

Don't you think you should rename this thread? Quite crass in my opinion!
                What's the matter, BB? After fifty-nine (or whatever) years of flying, are you starting to feel the Grim Reaper breathing down your own neck or something?

Comment

Originally posted by steve_g View Post
                  Not funny.
                  You registered just to say that?

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcrew View Post
                    What's the matter, BB? After fifty-nine (or whatever) years of flying, are you starting to feel the Grim Reaper breathing down your own neck or something?
                    What ever happened to the old saying, never speak ill of the dead.

I am in great shape for a 63 year old, and I take good care of myself. Actually, it has only been 45 years, and I am hoping that they raise the age to 67 or 70 within the next 2 years so i can keep you snot nose F/O's in YOUR seat!

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcrew View Post
                      You registered just to say that?
                      I registered a few days before I posted. I just don't feel a need to post multiple times, back-to-back.

Comment

Working...
                      X