X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 767 catches fire in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Preliminary details here
    http://news.yahoo.com/several-hurt-p...QDBHNlYwNzcg--

Engine was leaking fuel just prior to the fire.

Comment

Any information on evacuation delays and taking carry-ons down the slides?
      Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

I just recently started seeing them at FLL. I wonder where they dug up a 762.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcrew View Post
          I just recently started seeing them at FLL. I wonder where they dug up a 762.
          I believe they dug up five of them. Rather antique ones from what I can tell.

This one:

EX-067 Kam Air 2005-01-14 Sub-Leased
          EX-067 Phoenix Aviation 2004-03-11 Leased
          N6373P Private (First Security Bank of Utah) 1999-01-19
          TR-LEJ Air Gabon 1996-11-27 Leased
          CC-CDX LAN Chile 1996-05-07 Leased
          TC-ASK Birgenair 1996-03 Returned
          HI660CA Aeropostal - Alas de Venezuela 1995-2610 Leased
          TC-ASK purch 1995-05-04
          5W-TEA Kuwait Airways 1994-09-01 Returned
          5W-TEA Polynesian Airlines 1994-05-13 Leased
          9K-AIA Qatar Airways 1994-01-20 Leased
          9K-AIA Kuwait Airways 1988-08
          9K-AIA EgyptAir 1988-04 Leased
          9K-AIA Kuwait Airways 1986-03-20

Another pool fire beneath the #1 engine. Looks like it may have breached the fuselage behind the wing. One report of severe burns.

No roll bags on the evac video I looked at. But only three slides deployed and I think the evac took a bit longer than 90 secs.

Comment

More info at avherald:

http://avherald.com/h?article=48e87003&opt=0

Comment

This case seems different than the previous one (uncontained engine failure).

The crew learned that they had a massive fuel leak in engine #1 from the report of another pilot, then he requested and was granted clearance to return to the gate, when the pilot in the other plane informed that the engine was on fire.

It looks like a loose connection or a breached pipe or hose.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
              --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

http://avherald.com/h?article=48e87003&opt=0
                On Nov 3rd 2015 the NTSB reported that a coupling of the main fuel supply line had disconnected in the wing to engine strut above and aft of the engine. The coupling has been retained for further investigation. No evidence of an uncontained engine failure or other failure was found. The left engine cowling, the lower inboard portion of wing and the center fuselage received thermal damage, the fuselage was not penetrated by the fire. The aircraft had been in storage for 29 months until September 2015 when Dynamic Airways leased the aircraft. Under that lease the aircraft had been operated for 240 flight hours until the accident. Review of the logbooks revealed no maintenance action around the fuel coupling prior to departure from Fort Lauderdale.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Working...
                X