• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAA Downgrades Thailand to CAT 2

This is coming about six years late.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/12/02/av...faa/index.html

Now, what about Indonesia?

I'm willing to be corrected on this, but I thought Indonesia was Category 2 - with the exception of Garuda, whether for genuine or political reasons I know not. I think, Air Asia notwithstanding, Indonesia is moving in the right direction, despite many lunacies in their operating culture. Thailand, on the other hand, has sunk fast into institutional corruption, ethnic divisions and cultural slothfulness.

Comment

Originally posted by HalcyonDays View Post
      I'm willing to be corrected on this, but I thought Indonesia was Category 2 - with the exception of Garuda, whether for genuine or political reasons I know not. I think, Air Asia notwithstanding, Indonesia is moving in the right direction, despite many lunacies in their operating culture. Thailand, on the other hand, has sunk fast into institutional corruption, ethnic divisions and cultural slothfulness.
      It seems you are correct sir. I see that now. The AirAsia incident isn't going to help them get out of it. I think there is some reluctance on the part of Indonesian authorities to place full blame on human error and bad practices for this reason.

Comment

Working...
      X