Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leftseat86
    replied
    You wonder how much of the rest of his interviews are such embellished versions of events. Haha

Leave a comment:

• 3WE
    replied
    Originally posted by Evan View Post
    Still, wondering how someone up in biz class can see a tailpipe fireball.
    My previous reply, first sentence.

Bashing Hollywood, not you.

Leave a comment:

• Evan
    replied
    Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
    November 21st, 2010. Delta Flight 30 out of New York. http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...ticle-1.452735

I think he might have exaggerated a touch about a total engine shutdown and restart though.
    So, a routine compressor stall, fuel dump and a return. The sudden level-off must have seemed like both engines went silent. I have no doubt this is terrifying for the pax, especially at night, but Leo doth exaggerate a bit.

As do the emergency services that dispatched the equivalent of a two-alarm fire to meet them. Probably cuz Leo was on board.

Still, wondering how someone up in biz class can see a tailpipe fireball.

Leave a comment:

• brianw999
    replied
    November 21st, 2010. Delta Flight 30 out of New York. http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...ticle-1.452735

I think he might have exaggerated a touch about a total engine shutdown and restart though.

Leave a comment:

• 3WE
    replied
    Sounds like a good movie script from the imaginary world of an actor...

Perhaps there's a private pilot with MSFS experience to come to the cockpit to land the plane?

Leave a comment:

• Evan
    started a topic Leonardo DiCaprio vs. Delta Airlines

Leonardo DiCaprio vs. Delta Airlines

Leo related this "near-death" experience to Vanity Fair.

“I was in business class, and an engine blew up in front of my eyes,” the actor says of a past flight to Russia. “It was right after ‘Sully’ Sullenberger landed in the Hudson. I was sitting there looking out at the wing, and the entire wing exploded in a fireball. I was the only one looking out at the moment this giant turbine exploded like a comet. It was crazy. They shut all the engines off for a couple of minutes, so you’re just sitting there gliding with absolutely no sound, and nobody in the plane was saying anything. It was a surreal experience. They started the engines back up, and we did an emergency landing at JFK.”
    Anyone have any idea what he's talking about?
Working...
X