Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AIr India 787 RAT deployed in flight

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-35203731

Ummm, have I told you that you are overly fixated on acronyms?

I'd say that the engineers have failed in their attempts to build a better mouse trap.
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Many moon ago my first-ever OE instructor taught me to during walkarounds treat that RAT (actually, on that airplane it was called ADG, Air-Driven Generator) housing like a loaded gun. It could deploy at any time.

Comment

This is one of the few cases where Clear Air Turbulence could have been actually beneficial.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
        --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Is this an example of the Swiss Cheese analogy?
          Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Rumor has it that it was not a rat on board, per se, it was Conrad Hilton. A common mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post
              Rumor has it that it was not a rat on board, per se, it was Conrad Hilton. A common mistake.
              Too much focus on procedures. With some basic fundamental training, rats can make cute furry pets. Also, rats are fundamentally reclusive...not Conrad. Get your head out of the FCOM QRH POH and use your Mark IV traffic identification, glide slope determining, airspeed watching movie star vs rodent identifying passive radar at 300 to 800 nm wavelengths!

Comment

Working...
              X