Broad Electronics Ban

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HalcyonDays View Post
    I'm not above believing that there may be commercial/protectionist motivations which certain US authorities may see as secondarily advantageous to the economic support of American carriers. Nonetheless, the usually more level-headed British are on board with this too.
    I'm not really believing this is politically motivated. I'm thinking it is the mediocre Homeland Security minds going up against very crafty, diabolical terrorist minds, who would obviously just circumvent the ban by boarding at airport that is not on the banned list. I'm saying it is the usual moronic response. If a threat does exist, they need to ban these everywhere until they have a plan to deal with them.

Comment

Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post
      As they say. Stinks to high heaven!
      Wow. With Gabriel, I agree once a year. Should the new year become a good year so that I am even able to agree with you once a year?! I'd really appreciate that.

I can tell you what I thought in the second after Trump swore the oath. This Donald is able and also bans German airlines from US-American airports.

It hasn't happened yet. So let's discuss it again when it has become true.

Btw, do you have a list that contains the airlines and the airports which are concerned since this thursday?

PS: 'The Guardian' (London, UK) names a full list of 10 airports, but that list is partly misspelled and without the ICAO airport codes. So, this is the list, with ICAO airport codes:
      1. OJAI Queen Alia airport
      2. HECA Cairo International
      3. LTBA Istanbul-Atatürk
      4. OEJN Jeddah King Abdulaziz
      5. OERK Riyadh airport
      6. OKBK Kuwait
      7. GMMN Casablanca Mohammed V airport, Morocco
      8. OTBD Doha International
      9. OMDB Dubai International (with a ban), and OMDW Al Maktoum without a ban?
      10. OMAA Abu Dhabi International.
      Last edited by LH-B744; 2017-03-23, 22:48. Reason: We shouldn't expect experience, concerning US (foreign) policy!
      The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
      The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
      And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
      This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

So. What happens if one of these codes appear in your fmc as a destination or an origin?!

That's a very good question. It concerns at least the following airlines: Air Canada, Air France, Air India, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, KLM, Lufthansa, Qantas,
        et cetera et cetera.

What the hell is the plan of the Donald?

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post
          ?.............. You know what would have happened on Sept, 11th 2001 if the terrorists had tried to board flights from Dubai or Riyadh with knives on them? Nothing.
          Yup, happened to me. I travelled from Yanbu, Saudia Arabia to Jeddah and then onward to Amsterdam with a bloody great 8 inch divers knife in my hand baggage. I was innocently thinking about it being dive equipment and not a weapon as I also had all my other SCUBA gear in another bag in the hold. I was travelling on to London.
          Nobody questioned me until Schiphol where I was politely but firmly invited to closely examine the pattern on the wall in security ! Even then, after some questioning I was still allowed to continue with the knife in my hand baggage. This was however well before 9/11.
          If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
            [...] well before 9/11.
            These were the words that I was waitin for. If you hadn't mentioned the words, I was also sure about the date for your story. Before 9/11, the planet was different.

Before 9/11, True Lies was only a Schwarzenegger film. With a fast jet near an office in the... 41st floor. But still fiction. Before 9/11, I knew at least 6 or 7 independent international US Airlines. TWA, CO, US Airways, United, American, NorthWest, Braniff (747, completely in orange, long gone), let me think about it another 5 minutes and I reach 10..

Francis Underwood (Kevin Spacey) was also fiction. Until the beginning of this year, when reality surpassed fiction ...

Comment

The UK has a longer list of airlines/airports, but the ME3 are not on it. So one possibility is that it's not just Trump, but more specifically, Trump protectionism in action. The ME3 have been hit hard by the travel ban, and now this just might kill them. I bet Delta and United aren't complaining anymore.

Comment

Working...
              X