• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LH-B744
    replied
    Originally posted by 3WE View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/Guff/videos...187538?sfns=mo

Just another day of cheap and fast travel. Yes, Amtrak has THEIR bad days too.
    Here on this platform there do not exist all to many people who'd call United Airlines their favorite airline, as I assume.. The next step would be to publish an avatar which were able to emphasize that... ..... And I've NEVER seen something like a UA-B744 in Battleship Gray as an avatar here in this forum. Or have you, during the last 11 years?

And why is that so?

I have an assumption. You never during the last 11 years said to me which would be your corner on this little planet. You don't have to, or whisper, or leave it as your secret.

But, I don't know, are all former Continental Air passengers now enthusiastic for UA? That does not happen automatically, as I assume..

PS: Another assumption. I know that you are always a little bit older than me, two or three years. So probably you are the one to tell me if since 1970 one passenger has ever died in a LH 747. I'm too young to say that, even with that nickname. LH is member of the 747 club since 1970. Back on topic. I have found an United 747 with dead passengers. But that was more than 30 years ago. I was not on board that flight. But was that..
    The United Debarcle?

I've partly gone through that link, after I watched it multiple times on TV. After all I wonder if 346 souls had survived in a different a/c type other than type 747. But you can call me biased. I prefer what Evan calls human-ness, if that contains a Boeing 747 Flight Captain with 28,000 flight hours who is able to return to Honolulu with his 747-100 with one door less than when he took off, and all that with a smooth as silk normal (!) landing at PHNL.
    Last edited by LH-B744; 2019-10-03, 02:37. Reason: The 747-100 was not fail-safe. Sutter always mentioned that on TV..

Leave a comment:

• 3WE
    replied
    https://www.facebook.com/Guff/videos...187538?sfns=mo

Just another day of cheap and fast travel. Yes, Amtrak has THEIR bad days too.

Leave a comment:

• 3WE
    replied
    Originally posted by Evan
    you've gotta go down asap.
    Operations might object (bad for the KPIs), but I think the PR department agrees- TRAPPING the passenger for HOURS when a repair station is ON THE WAY...

We (and other fora) would be admonishing them for being totally profit driven and heartless.

Leave a comment:

• elaw
    replied
    Originally posted by Evan View Post
    You can flush all you want, but you can never leave.

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/artic...rnd/index.html
    Clearly this was a conspiracy between the Denver chamber of commerce and the airline.

Leave a comment:

• TeeVee
    replied
    Originally posted by Evan View Post
    Really? You'd be cool with that? I'd be taking the walls down after 15 mins.

Anyway, unless there's a dropdown oxygen mask it there, you've gotta go down asap.
    1 hour? yes. and there is o2 in lavs.

Leave a comment:

• TeeVee
    replied
    Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
    Their destination was San Francisco and when they decided to divert to Denver they were 140 NM east of Denver. No idea where you took the "1 hour left to the planned flight", it would have been like 2:30 hours.
    forgot to account for timezones. denver 1 hour ahead of sfo.

Leave a comment:

• Evan
    replied
    Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
    and the diversion made sense, how exactly? 1 hour left to the planned flight. no one in danger. plane not in danger. wonder if they bothered to ask the woman of she was ok staying in the loo for one hour more or would she rather they divert.

stupid move.
    Really? You'd be cool with that? I'd be taking the walls down after 15 mins.

Anyway, unless there's a dropdown oxygen mask it there, you've gotta go down asap.

Leave a comment:

• Gabriel
    replied
    and the diversion made sense, how exactly? 1 hour left to the planned flight. no one in danger. plane not in danger. wonder if they bothered to ask the woman of she was ok staying in the loo for one hour more or would she rather they divert.

stupid move.
    Their destination was San Francisco and when they decided to divert to Denver they were 140 NM east of Denver. No idea where you took the "1 hour left to the planned flight", it would have been like 2:30 hours.

Leave a comment:

• Gabriel
    replied

stupid move.
    My only concern would be turbulence since the loo lacks a safety belt.
    Other than that, I take the loo over my average seat. Much better legroom!!!

Leave a comment:

• TeeVee
    replied

stupid move.

Leave a comment:

• Evan
    replied
    The Ultimate Nightmare

You can flush all you want, but you can never leave.

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/artic...rnd/index.html

Leave a comment:

• 3WE
    replied
    yeah, flush twice and all hell breaks loose.
    We are missing the critical detail...nothing to do with profiling, nothing to do with FA burnout, nothing to do with heightened security...

NO.

THE SUPER ECONOMY FARE ONLY ENTITLES YOU TO ONE FLUSH!

Buyer beware...this is on the passenger!

Leave a comment:

• TeeVee
    replied
    yeah, flush twice and all hell breaks loose.

Leave a comment:

• elaw
    replied
    Ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding!

Today's "lav-related customer-service disaster award" goes to... TeeVee's favorite airline! https://www.independent.co.uk/travel...-a9113026.html

Leave a comment:

• Evan
    replied
    Originally posted by elaw View Post
    Are you nuts? The cost to do that could run into the ones of dollars per flight!
    Sure, and the extra weight. But now the FA's have to sit down and write notes. Think of the downtime!! Thin of the lost productivity!! They could be up-selling and cross-marketing!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X