The United debarcle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by elaw View Post
    Just to show that not all employees of all airlines are evil: https://www.masslive.com/news/worces...ssachuset.html
    Dog's on a plane...seems like there's always some issue happening with that. Cue modified, infamous Wesley Snipes comment...

Then again, Boeing Bobby might (half-bragging) say, "People on a plane...seems like there's always some issue happening with that. Cue modified infamous Wesley Snipes comment."

In many ways dogs probably are better than people, including not getting sick on planes (though maybe people are better at using the lav)- and again Bobby has the edge that boxes generally do not get sick, nor do they even need to use the lav.
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

• most airlines have breed restrictions that prohibit snub-nosed mutts from being checked. why? cuz they have trouble breathing even at sea level. frenchies are one of those breeds. since cabins are pressurized to 6000' (same as cargo hold) it makes absolutely no sense to allow them on-board period.

Comment

• Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
        most airlines have breed restrictions that prohibit snub-nosed mutts from being checked. why? cuz they have trouble breathing even at sea level. frenchies are one of those breeds. since cabins are pressurized to 6000' (same as cargo hold) it makes absolutely no sense to allow them on-board period.
        Maybe they could charge an extra fee for a mandatory doggie oxygen bottle.

Because they love to charge extra fees, and it shows.™

Comment

• Conflicted- Does this belong in "The Headlines Never Stop Giving"

The deal is, this ain't news.

[In case the link goes dead, the article infers that FA's don't like it that they have to sell credit cards]
          Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3WE View Post
            Soon they will be coming around the cabin with paper cups asking for spare change.

Soon it will get to the point where they look forward to a cabin decompression.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Media
              Parents say 2 young children put in hotel by Frontier Airlines after flight was diverted, without their knowledge
              [Paraphrase on]

Dad says, "They never called me and the only way I knew anything was that my kids got to borrow another kids phone"

Frontier says:

1. "We called and talked to Mom"
              2. "We called dad the day of the diversion, he did not answer" We called him the next day and did talk to him.

3BS says: Crap, maybe they should not even carry children? Delays and diversions and missed connections are up, Customer service employees are down.

PLUS- when weather goes to hell, the employees are spread even THINNER (and I generally think they have valid burnout issues).

I guess if you send a kid "alone" maybe charge a significant fee- and put a monitoring bracelet on their ankle and cell phone in their pocket?

OR "Live dangerously" since actually STRANDING a kid, and NOT being able to place a phone call" is a very rare occurrence.

I am curious if Evan will go with the standard, near-complete admonishment of pure greed?

Comment

• Parents say 2 young children put in hotel by Frontier Airlines after flight was diverted, without their knowledge
                As opposed to what? Leaving them in the terminal?

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
                Crap, maybe they should not even carry children?
                Indeed.

Comment

• So Group 1 is like, almost genuinely Group 1?

Spent the extra $ for the "second class" Gabriel seats & free booze on a mainline US carrier...

Checked in today and WTF...GROUP 5? That extra money gets you NOTHING in terms of boarding?!?!?!?

But, thanks to WWW.internet.com, I learned that this particular carrier has changed from the designations of SuperTeeVee customer Class, First Class, Diamond, Platinum, and Spent uranium class, you-got-our-credit-card class (and WTF class) and now simply call THOSE Groups 1 2, 3 and 4...

SOOOOOO, our Group 5 is the "old Group 1"- Ok, not too bad I guess.

No foul and about damn time that the joke of "Group 1" be replaced with plain, simple English.

Footnote- In fact they still DO have a SuperTeeVee class of people too important to be labeled with a number...that's OK, it's important for the rest of us to know where we stand.

Comment

• 3BS, that post bordered on "i'm in love with 747's" level of confusing.

what is it exactly that you're bitching about? and name names!

Comment

I think it's a math issue.
                      Be alert! America needs more lerts.

Eric Law

Comment

3BS, that post bordered on "i'm in love with 747's" level of confusing.

Oh come on man...yeah, I went into comedy mode...it's not THAT confusing...open your mind a little.

I got the "Second class seats" the ones with a little more legroom and you get free drinks and some consideration for preferred boarding.

I looked at my boarding pass and was in group 5. That really pissed me off because typical boarding is First Class, Platinum, Silver, Diamond [and other smart ass-names in my OP]- AND THEN FINALLY Group 1...

BUT

Upon further research, I learned that the airline had done away with the First Class, Platinum, Silver, Diamond categories and now simply calls them group 1,2,3 and 4.

So, my CURRENT Group 5 boarding group is EQUIVALENT to the Group 1 of the OLDEN DAYS...

...with one exception- BEFORE group 1, they do board a super duper hyper elite group of passengers....(probably people like yourself).

So, I was briefly pissed- learned that they had changed their naming convention and found out that things were basically OK.

Comprende?

Footnote: I thought SuperTeeVee Class and Spent Uranium Class and WTF class were clever, silly names for boarding groups...

Comment

Oh come on man...yeah, I went into comedy mode...it's not THAT confusing...open your mind a little.

I got the "Second class seats" the ones with a little more legroom and you get free drinks and some consideration for preferred boarding.

I looked at my boarding pass and was in group 5. That really pissed me off because typical boarding is First Class, Platinum, Silver, Diamond [and other smart ass-names in my OP]- AND THEN FINALLY Group 1...

BUT

Upon further research, I learned that the airline had done away with the First Class, Platinum, Silver, Diamond categories and now simply calls them group 1,2,3 and 4.

So, my CURRENT Group 5 boarding group is EQUIVALENT to the Group 1 of the OLDEN DAYS...

...with one exception- BEFORE group 1, they do board a super duper hyper elite group of passengers....(probably people like yourself).

So, I was briefly pissed- learned that they had changed their naming convention and found out that things were basically OK.

Comprende?

Footnote: I thought SuperTeeVee Class and Spent Uranium Class and WTF class were clever, silly names for boarding groups...
                          How old are you anyway? You still live with your mommy?

Comment

• Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post
                            How old are you anyway? You still live with your mommy?
                            Not as old as you and much less forgetful...and shall I talk about your mommy?

Comment

Not as old as you and much less forgetful...and shall I talk about your mommy?
                              Feel free, she died in 1969. Way before you were born I am sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post
                                Way before you were born I am sure.
                                Wrong...

As usual...kind of like being clueless that anti-lock/anti-skid braking is something you almost always want.

Comment

Working...
                                X