Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WN/Southwest Airlines is PERFECT and they actually CARE about their passengers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WN/Southwest Airlines is PERFECT and they actually CARE about their passengers.

Thread title may be sarcastic.

This is mostly a US carrier deal.

I THINK, they do a slightly better job...at least I have seen them make some apologies when things go awry.

And they seem to make SOME effort to make the cattle-car-one-class experience at least a tad enjoyable.

And, hey, don't we all love FREE BAGGAGE!

Now for the bad part:

They used to be low cost.

For a while, they were (not_oddly) roughly $25.00 more than the competition (can you say, "not-so-free" suitcases).

And now, it seems they are often a good bit MORE expensive than the competition...often times the magical $100 bucks that makes my corporate travel agent website flag me as naughty for not getting a cheaper flight...

They 'overbook' much like everyone else, weather and breakdowns cause cancellations and screw overs much like everyone else...zero penalty if THEY change the schedule...if YOU change the schedule, there's some $ involved (sooner or later).

Thought it might be fun to have a little compare contrast of the Much-Luved WN vs. the Legacies and forumites could post stories of greatness and/or crappiness.

I do find their liveries to be kind of nasty-coloured.
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

a case study in fabulous marketing. SWA has done a great job of convincing the non-traveling (read: once a year) masses that they are better/cheaper etc. yeah, they do have a different mentality to an extent, but the one time i flew them in the last decade or so, i met up with one of the rudest most asinine flight attendants i've ever encountered. no apology from corporate after taking the time to complain either. not even lip service.

they have this giant billboard on I-95 that says something like 79,000 bags flew free this month from FLL. as you pointed out, not really free, when even aa is beating them in pricing on some routes, factoring IN aa's bag fee.

i flew them a bit back in the very early 2000's between MSY and FLL and it was always a good experience, especially in the back where they had the last two rows of seats facing each other. absolutely loved that, as i mostly flew with my buddy back then.

Comment

Going from Flyover to Houston Hobby in a few weeks, and the ironing is thick:

1. Someone is offering SW/WN competition on the route.

2. Indeed, look at the internet price war and squeezing, etc.

3. More ironic was that while there were flights SCHEDULED, only the 'more expensive' tickets had seats available (correction, "Theoretically available except for over booking, potential unseen weather/fuel and weight issues, and seats needed for crewmembers"). The cheaper flights are apparently already fully booked/over-booked.
      Attached Files
      Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by Southwest Airlines
        We will no longer over-book our flights.
        (at least that's what I read on Yahoo)

NICE!

PR Dept: 1. Customers: 1;

Win Win!

Of course, we are ALREADY paying for it!

Comment

Working...
        X