Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Safety Idea to Avert Firey, Fuel-Fed, High-Speed-Impact Crashes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Safety Idea to Avert Firey, Fuel-Fed, High-Speed-Impact Crashes.

I think we should push for the industry to develop aircraft with systems like this:

The SSDW.

Plus, the supersonic aspect is certainly desirable and has been missed since the voluntary grounding of the Concorde.

It is amazing how this system can be used to avoid four different types of crashes, including the dreaded runway overshoot, power failure after takeoff, mid-air failures and emergency landings! Hopefully, in the case of relentless pull ups, the crew will, at the appropriate time, jettison the wing and enable the parachute system.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Scan_20170501.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.58 MB
ID:	1044929

Credit: Edward E. Keyse, in The Great International Paper Airplane Book. By Jerry Mander, George Dippel and Howard Gossage. Simon and Schuster, New York. 1967. P. 46.

Edit: While this is indeed a book on paper airplanes, it contains a section on proposed designs for real airplanes, showing how fundamental concepts can be adapted from one situation to another. There are additional suggestions besides the SSDW.
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
    There are additional suggestions besides the SSDW.
    Anything for safe retrieval of carry-ons during an emergency evacuation?
    "I know that at times I can be a little over the top." -ITS

Comment

Originally posted by Not_Karl View Post
      Anything for safe retrieval of carry-ons during an emergency evacuation?
      The book was written in 1967. Back then you donned a suit and tie to ride an airliner. Overhead was an open hat-rack. There were no personal computers (although I Imagine there were brief-cases). Luggage was totally free and loaded underneath the plane.

My guess is that brief-case and hat retrieval was facilitated by the totally open overhead rack not-crammed full of over-sized roller bags that require three people to shove in and pull out.

As I suggested, perhaps you should visit the bibliotica publica to check for a new edition...perhaps it's time to publish an update with more safety suggestions?...several listed here in this very forum.
      Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Working...
      X