Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The headlines never stop giving...(apparently I used this title before).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1. I forgot this was a source of banter of MSFS Parlour talkers and real pilots on plane-landing abilities.

Back to the thread title:

"Southwest Airlines suddenly grounds scores of planes due to aircraft weight issues"

I'm sorry, I think it's more like "Southwest suddenly grounds scores of planes due to paperwork issues"

Should we ground ALL airplanes due to known biases in seasonal per-passenger weights?
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

• Slightly paraphrased, but: "AA FA tells passenger to go to bathroom in a plastic bag"

Wrong media.

AA plane suffers plumbing failure in the middle of the ocean on the way to Hawaii. [Indeed, this is unfortunate and newsworthy in it being unusual]

By the way- this would never have happened on a Ford Trimotor! More scientific CAD engineering mucking up aircraft.
      Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3WE View Post
        https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/amer...164335360.html

Slightly paraphrased, but: "AA FA tells passenger to go to bathroom in a plastic bag"

Wrong media.

AA plane suffers plumbing failure in the middle of the ocean on the way to Hawaii. [Indeed, this is unfortunate and newsworthy in it being unusual]

By the way- this would never have happened on a Ford Trimotor! More scientific CAD engineering mucking up aircraft.
        My first question would be:
        • Were ALL lavatories out of order or were just all ECONOMY CLASS lavatories out of order. I strongly suspect the latter.

If my suspicion is correct, AA has some 'splaining to do.

My second question would be:
        • Do we have to rethink ETOPS?

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan View Post
          • Do we have to rethink PTOPS?
          Fixed?

Comment

• Originally posted by 3WE View Post
            Fixed?
            Indeed Click image for larger version

Name:	trophy_1f3c6.png
Views:	1
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	1030206

Comment

• The best bit with the Junkers is that you can open the door for a pee !
              If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• At least this was a survivable Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	1030208 emergency instead of a fatal Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	1030209 emergency.

Comment

• Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                  The best bit with the Junkers is that you can open the door for a pee !
                  I think we may want Gabriel to provide a brief discussion of airflow interactions...this seems like a very dangerous, cowboy, improvisational procedure- AND violation of some fundamentals of what you should and should not do into a wind.

Comment

• Today's headline is: "Student Pilot attempts to take AA airliner undergoing maintenance...stopped by maintenance employees"

Turns out he has a Commercial Certificate...

Termed a "student" because he was recently known to a nearby flight school.

Comment

• Near Total Royal Disaster!!!!!!!!

Royal family experiences the dreaded, always dangerous go around.

We can be sure the pilot shoved the throttles forward and made a relentless last-second pull up resulting in stomach drooping G-forces!

I guess it does suck for a REALLY LONG trans-oceanic flight to have to go-around and last 10 minutes longer. People have also been known to play get-there-itius with bladder capacities and violate the 45 minute reserve.

Comment

Working...
                      X