I want one of these!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want one of these!

A jet suit created by a former commodities trader in the U.K. has gone on sale in a London department store with a price tag of $592,000. To read more: https...

Neat!

Originally posted by CBC article
    altitude limit of 3,600 metres
    ...which is about 3,599 metres higher than you'd want to be when the fuel runs out.
    Be alert! America needs more lerts.

Eric Law

Comment

5 jet engines... I wonder what is the procedure for engine failure. Duck and cover?

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
      --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Probably with heavy duty FBW which removes all airmanship. It connects with I-phone Bluetooth and you just tell Cirri where you want to go.
        Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by elaw View Post
          Neat!

...which is about 3,599 metres higher than you'd want to be when the fuel runs out.
          ...which, at 4 liters per minute, is probably going to happen well before you get there.

If this ever becomes affordable to the general public, say goodbye to the climate.

Best not to think about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post
            If this ever becomes affordable to the general public, say goodbye to the general public.
            Corrected.
            Be alert! America needs more lerts.

Eric Law

Comment

Originally posted by elaw View Post
              Corrected.
              Indeed.

If I'm not mistaken, this thing burns 194.4 kg/h. To put that into perspective, that is over 6 times the average burn of a Robinson R22, over twice the burn of an H-500D or Jetranger 206-B, even more than a twin-turbine AS-355 and about equal to an EC135.

I'll leave it to Gabriel to tell us how much aerodynamic lift is involved here.

Comment

Working...
              X