X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evan
    replied
    Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post
    So the big day is approaching. This coming Thursday, Gabriel will get to show me and a couple of simulator instructors how he can land a 747/200 at maximum landing weight by visual means only. He will be flying the same simulator that all of the VC-25 and E-4 pilots train in from the USAF. I am going to set the sim up on a 10 mile final, fully configured to land, gear and flaps down (30 degrees), on speed and on glide path. Wind will be right down the runway at 10 knots. He will have the airspeed bugs set for landing ref and I will give him a target N1 for the proper power setting. There will be NO localizer or Glideslope information available, and NO PAPI or VASI. I am hoping that he does a video for you all. Wish him luck!
    Don't forget the blindfold. Trust the force, Gabe.

Leave a comment:

• BoeingBobby
    started a topic The date is set.

The date is set.

So the big day is approaching. This coming Thursday, Gabriel will get to show me and a couple of simulator instructors how he can land a 747/200 at maximum landing weight by visual means only. He will be flying the same simulator that all of the VC-25 and E-4 pilots train in from the USAF. I am going to set the sim up on a 10 mile final, fully configured to land, gear and flaps down (30 degrees), on speed and on glide path. Wind will be right down the runway at 10 knots. He will have the airspeed bugs set for landing ref and I will give him a target N1 for the proper power setting. There will be NO localizer or Glideslope information available, and NO PAPI or VASI. I am hoping that he does a video for you all. Wish him luck!
Working...
X