Cathay Pacific 777 Livery Failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cathay Pacific 777 Livery Failure

No reported injuries. Ground search underway for a large letter F that somehow became detached from the plane.

The plane was on approach to Hong Kong International Airport when the crew received a livery asymmetry warning along with repeated "Livery Misspelled, Pull Up" aural warnings.

Pilots stopped the descent at 5000ft to run the Livery Asymmetry checklist, reported some difficulty maintaining control but managed to safely land the aircraft using rudder and thrust compensation. Emergency services were on the scene but no evacuation was deemed necessary.

Several traumatized passengers were hospitalized but later released. The aircraft remains grounded until a line-replaceable F can be flown in.

Lawsuits are underway.

FAA considering an emergency AD for all 777's with the letter F installed on their liveries.

We should wait for the report.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 9.54.10 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	1045747

Originally posted by Evan View Post
    No reported injuries. Ground search underway for a large letter F that somehow became detached from the plane.

The plane was on approach to Hong Kong International Airport when the crew received a livery asymmetry warning along with repeated "Livery Misspelled, Pull Up" aural warnings.

Pilots stopped the descent at 5000ft to run the Livery Asymmetry checklist, reported some difficulty maintaining control but managed to safely land the aircraft using rudder and thrust compensation. Emergency services were on the scene but no evacuation was deemed necessary.

Several traumatized passengers were hospitalized but later released. The aircraft remains grounded until a line-replaceable F can be flown in.

Lawsuits are underway.

FAA considering an emergency AD for all 777's with the letter F installed on their liveries.

We should wait for the report.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18656[/ATTACH]
    Saw this earlier today on my news feed. I wounder if a Trump supporter did the painting?

Comment

Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post
      Saw this earlier today on my news feed. I wounder if a Trump supporter did the painting?
      I doubt it. Not nearly enough letters missing.

Comment

It seems nobody cares about F these days.

Comment

You say livery fail but this has been on the news all over the world, Instagram, Facebook (probably) and even Ryanair tweeted about it (as if they have the right to mock) does'nt sound lik a fail to me. Free worldwide advertising seems like a great win for CX

Comment

Working...
          X