Previous accidents with nose-down impact into water / MH370

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by caracal View Post
    "They" would be those saying it came down nose first.. Should've just said the "nose down theory people" =).. And that would include the majority of officials, official investigation, etc..
    Then "they" (he majority of officials, official investigation, etc..) are NOT saying that there was minimal damage.
    And "they" are NOT saying that it was a vertical dive ("they" say it was likely a spiral dive with very high descent rate, which is not the same).
    And, certainly, "they" are NOT saying that a vertical dive would result in minimal damage, which is stupidly ridiculous.
    Finally, "they" are not proposing that the lack of more debris washing up the shore (only about a dozen parts were found) is due to minimal damage.

So what on Earth are you talking about?

Are you Northwestern?

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Gabriel, you are so naive.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post
        Yeah, I forgot about that real incident where that 747 did a vertical dive into the water and remained mostly intact.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---

Comment

1995 Toronto Air show crash:
          This is news footage of an airplane crashing at the Toronto airshow from the mid 90's.#airplane #airplaneflying #airshow #aircraft #crash #crashing #death #d...

Nowhere near a screaming, vertical, high speed nosedive.

More like a moderately low speed belly flop. Hitting water is a bit like hitting a brick wall. An aircraft wil be almost vaporised on impact. Even if the relatively streamlined fuselage made it through the water surface (a bit like the old “shooting a candle through a barn door” trick) the wings, engines and tail fin would break up on impact.
          The “candle through the door” trick relies on the candle coming through air, hitting the door and re-emerging into air for it to work. Hitting the water brick wall doesn’t work because there is just more water on the other side of the surface.
          If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Is any landing you can swim away from a good one?
            Be alert! America needs more lerts.

Eric Law

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
              Yeah, I forgot about that real incident where that 747 did a vertical dive into the water and remained mostly intact.
              Wrong!

George Kennedy used genius airmanship to make a Sully-like landing.

However, since the 747 was made from high-quality, strong aluminium alloys, the aircraft sank.

Unlike Sully's cheap, composite, crackerbox.
              Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Better now?

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post

Better now?
                  Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.
                  Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
                    Wrong!

George Kennedy used genius airmanship to make a Sully-like landing.

However, since the 747 was made from high-quality, strong aluminium alloys, the aircraft sank.

Unlike Sully's cheap, composite, crackerbox.
                    I remember the first time I watched that, thinking George Kennedy waas going to find a way to fly it out of there. And then say. "She's one helluva plane!"

Comment

I remember the first time I watched that, thinking George Kennedy waas going to find a way to fly it out of there. And then say. "She's one helluva plane!"
                      Indeed.

I see from the YouTube that it was the bad guys and not_George Kennedy that ditched the plane, using a relentless pull up, no-less. Fortunately it was well built except for the piano mounts.

I think it was maybe the Concorde when Joe finally got the left seat.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
                        Indeed.

I see from the YouTube that it was the bad guys and not_George Kennedy that ditched the plane, using a relentless pull up, no-less. Fortunately it was well built except for the piano mounts.

I think it was maybe the Concorde when Joe finally got the left seat.
                        Just out of curiosity, does Randazzo have a simulation for that?

Comment

Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post
                          Just out of curiosity, does Randazzo have a simulation for that?
                          I dunno. But pretty amazing that you can learn to basically land a 747 for under $200. You may not know all the important details and procedures but it sort of behaves like 600,000 lbs...might have to imangine the handful of throttles though.

Comment

Working...
                          X