Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B757300
    replied
    Not that far from me (about 100 miles), and I didn't even hear about except by random happen stance. My local news sucks so bad.

Not a lot of debris left, but anything big would have probably sunk to the bottom.

Looks like the aircraft was N1217A.

Another streaming source:

Press conference notes:

Debris field is about 3/4 of a mile in size. Nothing of consequence left of the aircraft other than some pieces of the landing gear being visible and some pieces of fuselage.

No survivors or any human remains found.

Texas DPS dive team on the way to assist in recovery of bodies and the data recorders. FBI is in charge of the scene for the time being, waiting on the NTSB to arrive and take over. No suspicion of foul play.

Water is not deep, generally 5ft or less, but the entire area is a marsh. (Think where Valujet 592 crashed.) Air boats are the best method of transportation.

The Sheriff refused to even speculate on the cause, saying he is a sheriff and that's not his place.

Witnesses said it crashed nose down, and was fairly low when the dive began, but we all know witnesses are notoriously unreliable.

NTSB Go Team is on the way.

Leave a comment:

• HansPeter
    replied
    No survivors

Looks like they put her down on water. Could have been really bad on land in that area.

May they rest in peace.

Leave a comment:

• 3WE
    replied
    The proverbial airliner-eating thunderstorm?
    Bad cargo burns/explodes?
    Bad guy (bad employee) on board?

Cannot discount mechanical/structural failure, relentless pull up, meteors and many others, but those others are the first questions for me.

Leave a comment:

• BREAKING: Boeing 767 cargo jet operated by Atlas Air has crashed in Texas

BREAKING: FAA: Boeing 767 cargo jet operated by Atlas Air Inc. has crashed into Trinity Bay near Anahuac, Texas, while en route from Miami to Houston; initial reports indicate 3 people were on board.

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1099395767855443971?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Frotter.net%2Fforum%2Fscoops1%2F535051.shtml

Live stream:
    A twin-engine Boeing 767 crashed into Trinity Bay near Anahuac early Saturday afternoon, and authorities said they believe all three people on board are dead after human remains were found.
    Attached Files
Working...
X