Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More checklists for pilots to keep straight.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this coming from the guy that wants to hang every pilot that screws up, fire every executive that, in is mind, cuts corners from an extra buck for the shareholders, use a couple gallons of bleach on just about every govt entity related to aviation because no matter what they do, they are not perfect and don't do enough to prevent every single accident.

he now wants airlines to add health screening questions to the booking/check-in/boarding process, in hopes that, wtf exactly? oh, right, so more half-brained airline employees with no meaningful knowledge of infectious diseases can make decisions regarding who flies and who doesn't fly. oh yeah, good idea evan.

you simply want to bash/blame lawyers over laws that have been in our jurisprudence for over 700, yes, SEVEN HUNDRED, years. tens of thousands of legislators in this country and england (many, many of whom were not attorneys) have had the opportunity to change these laws and didn't. but you know better.

p.s. "at considerable public expense?" what would that be? the salaries of the justices? funny, i thought they got paid no matter what cases they heard. i guess you just taught me something new.

Comment

Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
      this coming from the guy that wants to hang every pilot that screws up
      What?!

Comment

Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
        @ 3BS*** i'm NOT advocating that airlines have ANY responsibility for protecting pax from diseases onboard.***
        Awesome. Much as I predicted you bypassed the question on a technicality.

While you do not advocate that, I am fairly confident that many in your industry would do the opposite and suggest that the airlines were very much responsible if they fell short in any [the word reasonable specifically not_inferred] way at keeping a hazardous person off a plane and ask for some millions of dollars for that shortcoming...

For the record- I agree with TV on the Evanie angle- that gate agent screening procedures and checklists (which need to be region and time specific) need to be established with oversight from governmental regulatory bodies may not work as well as we would like.
        Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
          For the record- I agree with TV on the Evanie angle- that gate agent screening procedures and checklists (which need to be region and time specific) need to be established with oversight from governmental regulatory bodies may not work as well as we would like.
          RIght, so, we should just stick with chaos. That seems to be working just wonderfully.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post
            RIght, so, we should just stick with chaos. That seems to be working just wonderfully.
            I'm afraid that I must confess, that I will choose the cheaper ticket on the internet, as opposed to Evan airlines that hires medical doctors for gate agents, and has a full pathogen ID laboratory at each gate. I am also afraid that the vast majority of the flying public and most of our fellow forumites will also pass on Evan airlines, although if you really-in-truly can offer flights to the Land of Make Believe, maybe there is a market.

Sure, a little hyperbole there, BUT, I think your utopian idea has a much simpler solution of banning all airplanes...and seriously- not really workable and in the meantime a lot of bigger fish to fry.

Your aforementioned chaos got me to various places in the world in amazingly fast times (in 75% of my attempts) in the past three months for some crazy economical prices...it is working "just wonderfully".

I also like riding my bicycle- it's also wonderful.
            Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Sure, a little hyperbole there
              Sure, maybe a little.

All I want is a requirement for a voluntary means to provide medical information required for flight crew awareness (as opposed to cluelessness) and/or special needs. This is about avoiding conflicts, embarrassments and disruptions, not about banning anyone. Flight crews are currently expected to bar passengers from boarding a flight if they appear too ill or represent a health risk to other passengers. That's what happened here.

Every gate agent from here to Bhutan has something called a computer terminal, and notations of a passengers needs or condition can be sent through something called an 'operational infrastructure' to inform the necessary personnel well ahead of boarding time.
              If the passenger looks 'scary' but the condition is known to be non-threatening, nothing awkward will happen. If the needs cannot be met, the airline can inform the passenger, who can opt out of the booking without a cancellation fee. Or, if the condition is considered threatening, the airline can refuse the booking, but they would have to have good reason to avoid a lawsuit.
              (you see TeeVee, I'm not against lawyers and lawsuits if they serve a good purpose and the awards are not grossly out of proportion).

Your aforementioned chaos got me to various places in the world in amazingly fast times (in 75% of my attempts) in the past three months for some crazy economical prices...it is working "just wonderfully".
              How wonderful for you. Now try it with a rare and frightening skin condition.

Comment

Awesome. Much as I predicted you bypassed the question on a technicality.
                sorry. your question got lost in the noise. ask again and i'll try to answer

Comment

Working...
                X