• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by elaw View Post
    OMG... are you Ralph the wonder llama?
    No, but a moose once bit my sister.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLcrew View Post
      The people responsible have been sacked. And those responsible for sacking them have also been sacked. (I doubt you'll get the reference).
      The reference is meaningless because the people responsible were never sacked. They were carried off in their golden parachutes. The stock portion of their compensation packages was enriched by their short-term management strategy. That was the intention.
      346 people died as a result.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan View Post
        The reference is meaningless because the people responsible were never sacked. They were carried off in their golden parachutes. The stock portion of their compensation packages was enriched by their short-term management strategy. That was the intention.
        346 people died as a result.
        You seem to want to blame something or someone for everything. You sure it's not Obama's fault?

Comment

• Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post
          You seem to want to blame something or someone for everything. You sure it's not Obama's fault?
          Are you saying you're ok with this? A few broken eggs in the omelet industry? Is it tolerable for two brand new jets to suffer loss-of-control incidents, killing all on board? Is that just 'shit happens'? Or would you think some blame is in order?

Comment

Are you saying you're ok with this? A few broken eggs in the omelet industry? Is it tolerable for two brand new jets to suffer loss-of-control incidents, killing all on board? Is that just 'shit happens'? Or would you think some blame is in order?
            That's not the point here. You seem to infer that the Boeing engineers did this maliciously, just to save money. You are always spouting off about human error. Does that only apply to pilot's?

Comment

• Evan banged his elbow on the way into the kitchen on the door. I am sure it's his wife's ( or probably his mommy's) fault for not opening the door all the way. Not his fault for walking into it. See what I mean?

Comment

That's not the point here. You seem to infer that the Boeing engineers did this maliciously, just to save money. You are always spouting off about human error. Does that only apply to pilot's?
                Bobby, do you ever ride a bicycle?

As a younger person, I crashed occasionally...yeah, I'm ultimately to blame, but I sure as hell did not INTEND to crash just for the thrills.

Edit:
                Originally posted by BoeingBobby
                [Something about bumping one's elbow]
                Indeed.
                Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Evan banged his elbow on the way into the kitchen on the door. I am sure it's his wife's ( or probably his mommy's) fault for not opening the door all the way. Not his fault for walking into it. See what I mean?
                  Not really. 346 people decided to get on a Boeing 737-Max and died and it's their own fault?

Comment

Not really. 346 people decided to get on a Boeing 737-Max and died and it's their own fault?
                    No, this is where the "shit happens" comes into play.

Comment

No, this is where the "shit happens" comes into play.
                      This shit didn't have to happen, and management IS to blame for it.

Comment

This shit didn't have to happen, and management IS to blame for it.
                        Okay, if you say so. You are the expert after all. ATP rated pilot with a couple thousand hours and 3 or 4 type ratings after all. SMFH!

Comment

• Originally posted by 3WE View Post
                          Bobby, do you ever ride a bicycle?

As a younger person, I crashed occasionally...yeah, I'm ultimately to blame, but I sure as hell did not INTEND to crash just for the thrills.

Edit:

Indeed.
                          Nor do I think that Boeing, any of it's employees or either of those pilot's "intend" for them too.

Comment

Okay, if you say so. You are the expert after all. ATP rated pilot with a couple thousand hours and 3 or 4 type ratings after all. SMFH!
                            Why is it always the same circular argument with you? What does putting two and two together regarding the timeline of an aviation debarcle have to do with a type rating? Has it ever occurred to you that most NTSB experts lack a type rating? Does this make them unqualified?

I value your expertise when it comes to hands-on issues and knowing how thing really go down in practice, but on issues that require research to understand, you're only as good as your research skills.

I'm talking here about management strategy, corporate priorities and the self-enriching executive strategy of putting immediate shareholder value over long-term (but inevitable) concerns.

What's the required type rating for that?

Comment

• Your argument is like arguing religion. It's all just a theory. And in my opinion, are close to being defaming and slanderous.

Comment

• ok, i'll chime in....

sorry BB, i ain't buying that this was simply shit happens. boeing engineers are far too good (for the most part) for them to be at fault (except for not blowing every fucking whistle in the universe BEFORE 300+ people died).

on the other hand, boeing execs are just whores for wall street. safety is not their primary nor secondary concern. only stock price and making or exceeding projected profits. it is they who are truly to blame.

the blame i lay at the feet of the engineers is their silence. and insofar as they likely could have prevented these two tragedies, are equally to blame.

Comment

Working...
                                X