• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evan
    replied
    Final report to be released this week:

Originally posted by Aviation Herald
    In a press conference on Dec 23rd 2022 Ethiopia's Transport Minister said, the final report is going to be released in the next few days and will confirm the findings already set in the preliminary report, in particular that MCAS triggered a nose down trim several times until the crew lost control. The final report has NOT yet been released (despite claims by media).

Leave a comment:

• flashcrash
    replied
    FAA clears Boeing 737 MAX to fly again.

"Following the return to service, the FAA will continue to work closely with our foreign civil aviation partners to evaluate any potential additional enhancements for the aircraft. The agency also will conduct the same rigorous, continued operational safety oversight of the MAX that we provide for the entire U.S. commercial fleet"

Leave a comment:

• Gabriel
    replied
    Evan, a present for you:

Congress Releases Final Report On Boeing Max. And It is as bad as you thought. #MaximusAviation #BoeingFaaReportStory News Source:https://transportation.hous...

Leave a comment:

• Evan
    replied
    Originally posted by Schwartz View Post

Those are a separate department. The executive suite has been cleaned out or is still in the process of being done. It is up to some DOJ to decide if criminal charges are merited or even possible given the report. I'm sure they're still digesting it.
    But the wrong executive suite. The guilty parties are FORMER executives from the 737MAX development era. They're enjoying a nice retirement instead of paying the price for what they created.

Leave a comment:

• Schwartz
    replied
    Originally posted by Evan View Post

Still....... not seeing the criminal indictments that justice requires....

Still not seeing the clawbacks on all that executive compensation...

Just a lot of 'duh'.
    Those are a separate department. The executive suite has been cleaned out or is still in the process of being done. It is up to some DOJ to decide if criminal charges are merited or even possible given the report. I'm sure they're still digesting it.

Leave a comment:

• Evan
    replied
    Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
    Report of the Congress into the Ethiopian and Lion Air crashes and the design and certification of the MAX.

https://transportation.house.gov/imo...%20Release.pdf

Summary in AvHerald:

http://avherald.com/h?article=4c534c4a/0093&opt=0
    Still....... not seeing the criminal indictments that justice requires....

Still not seeing the clawbacks on all that executive compensation...

Just a lot of 'duh'.

Leave a comment:

• Gabriel
    replied
    Report of the Congress into the Ethiopian and Lion Air crashes and the design and certification of the MAX.

https://transportation.house.gov/imo...%20Release.pdf

Summary in AvHerald:

Aviation Herald - News, Incidents and Accidents in Aviation

Leave a comment:

• Evan
    replied
    Originally posted by KGEG View Post
    I think Boeing is getting what it deserves for the carelessness that has happened.
    The ones who betrayed Boeing, the management, the short-term-return investors, will be fine and well-paid for the trouble they've caused. The legions of engineers and technicians who actually design and build airplanes will suffer the consequences, including job losses. We do want Boeing to recover from this and to build us a new single aisle airliner that is safe and modern. The combination of the 737-Max debarcle and the Coronavirus debarcle could hurt a lot of good people at Boeing. So let's hope this is all over by June and the Max is flying again, And let's hope there is a hell for managment.

Leave a comment:

• CarolW
    replied
    Originally posted by KGEG View Post

lmao, you act as if this Washingtonian supports what has gone on. I think Boeing is getting what it deserves for the carelessness that has happened.

Canadian pride be damned, I live in the state of the company and feel like they betrayed us on so many levels.
    That ain't no Canadian pride, just a protective (Mother-Hen) instinct. I'd try to protect you, too, if you were so incautious as to fly in a Max. I agree on the betrayal. We ain't so clean on that, either.

Leave a comment:

• KGEG
    replied
    Originally posted by CarolW View Post

As a Canadian, I cheer that.
    lmao, you act as if this Washingtonian supports what has gone on. I think Boeing is getting what it deserves for the carelessness that has happened.

Canadian pride be damned, I live in the state of the company and feel like they betrayed us on so many levels.

Leave a comment:

• CarolW
    replied
    Originally posted by Evan View Post

Air Canada just cancelled 11 737M orders.
    As a Canadian, I cheer that.

Leave a comment:

• Gabriel
    replied
    Ethiopia's NTSb issued a second interim report with a more detailed description of the sequence of events that transpired in the flight. Not much new but interesting reading.

Aviation Herald - News, Incidents and Accidents in Aviation

Leave a comment:

• Evan
    replied
    Originally posted by Schwartz View Post
    Well, they are slowly wringing their hands up here in Canada at the regulator as well over this.

The revelations were contained in documents made public Thursday at federal hearings probing Canada’s endorsement of the deadly plane that was blamed for two crashes

Air Canada just cancelled 11 737M orders.

Leave a comment:

• 3WE
    replied
    ...But when Transport Canada test pilots flew the 737 Max in 2016, they found the plane’s automated anti-stall system unusual and raised questions about how it operated, the documents show...Boeing sidestepped the issue...

Creepy

Leave a comment:

• Schwartz
    replied
    Well, they are slowly wringing their hands up here in Canada at the regulator as well over this.

The revelations were contained in documents made public Thursday at federal hearings probing Canada’s endorsement of the deadly plane that was blamed for two crashes

The revelations were contained in documents made public Thursday at federal hearings probing Canada’s endorsement of the deadly plane. Flawed software that forced the 737 Max into fatal nosedives has been blamed for two crashes, including one off the coast of Indonesia, which killed 189 people in late 2018, and another in Ethiopia that killed 157 people last March, including 18 Canadians.

But when Transport Canada test pilots flew the 737 Max in 2016, they found the plane’s automated anti-stall system unusual and raised questions about how it operated, the documents show. They didn’t realize at the time that they were looking at the MCAS, or the manoeuvring characteristics augmentation system – the software behind the two disasters.

However, when Transport Canada began asking for clarifications on how the new system worked, and why the 737 Max didn’t require a new operating certificate because it flew differently than previous models, Boeing sidestepped the issue.

The company said in 2017 it was in a rush to get the plane certified because it was set to deliver planes to WestJet, Air Canada and Sunwing Airlines in a matter of months.

“Please note that in order to meet its delivery commitments to the Canadian operators, Boeing has requested Transport Canada to issue [the plane’s airworthiness certificate] in June 2017,“ the documents say.

“To avoid delivery delays to our operators,” Transport Canada agreed to approve the plane, and stated that the concerns raised would “remain open.” Transport Canada then approved the plane, and the questions about the software weren’t dealt with.

The documents raise new questions about why Transport Canada didn’t ground the plane due to safety concerns early on. Conservative MP Todd Doherty, who discussed the documents at the hearing, told the federal Transportation Committee that it would have taken only one country to raise alarms about irregularities with the plane, rather than rely on the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration’s certification of the Max.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X