Pitot Tube Failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ATLcrew View Post
    Still waiting for that open mind. I don't need a written memory item to know what pitch and power settings are safe for my airplane. If it will give you some sort of warm and fuzzies for Airbus to put them out on a piece of paper with the words "Memory Item" on top, I guess I don't have a problem with that. My point remains, however, that any pilot who doesn't know those already won't be saved by a memory item either.
    Still waiting for you to read my words and respond to my actual concern. I've already said that I don't doubt that you know what pitch and power settings are safe. This is about doing that vs doing something else, such as attempting to regain flight level after an upset or attempting to transit to a higher one. To the crew of AF447, there was no memorized procedure to maintain safe pitch and power vs regain altitude or arrest vertical rate. There was only a written procedure (never pulled out) to level off with prescribed pitch and power settings. Therefore, everything in that moment was left to personal pilot judgment and improvisation in a deceptive environment. And look what happened.

AFAIK, procedurally, nothing has changed as a result.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan View Post
      To the crew of AF447, there was no memorized procedure to maintain safe pitch and power vs regain altitude or arrest vertical rate.
      I firmly believe there are all sorts of memory procedures to climb, descend, level, speed up, slow down, go left, go right...

AS WELL AS TO CONTINUE STRAIGHT AHEAD IN LEVEL, FAT, DUMB AND HAPPY FLIGHT.

And, I firmly believe there is a reasonable memory procedure on how to stall a plane...unfortunately that was the memory procedure that was chosen.
      Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Working...
      X