No announcement yet.

Autoland for the little guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autoland as an extra for (almost) each and every single piston.. And I thought that I am one of those guys who are spoiled by technology! With Randazzo's LH-B744 fsx simulator in use.
    I can say where autoland is absolutely useless. My logbook a.o. mentions the following simulator flights this autumn. EDDL - MUVR on board LH-B744 fsx. Et Voila.
    Varadero International only has 1 single ILS system, for the rwy 06 afaik.

So, if atc directs you to the MUVR rwy 24, you can forget everything which you've ever known about autoland. Not the matter if you sit in a LH-B744 simulator, or in a Grumman Goose, or in a Cessna 172P, or... name an a/c of ur choice.

PS: Varadero - Santa Clara on board the Grumman Goose fsx, Santa Clara traffic pattern to Las Brujas and back without main gear on the ground, on board... should I mention that, it might sound arrogant.. on board Blue Angels #3 McDonnell F/A 18 Hornet. Sounds like a lie that this bird is included in fsx, but that's a fact. It took me 70 or 75 minutes for the briefing before my flight hour 1 in a Hornet. But man. That was a ride. And I started from a MUSC parking position, proceeded to the rwy, and then.. a 9,900 ft rwy. No problem at all for the Hornet in t/o mode.
    And I returned to Santa Clara in dusk, safely! Man, what a ridiculously powerful a/c, the Hornet.
    You don't believe me, I see that in your eyes. But I 'photographed' (almost) everything. [...]

The next step will be, back home, Varadero - Lohausen International nonstop, with Randazzo's LH-B744 simulator.
    LH and the Hamburg - Düsseldorf - Shannon - NYC route, open since June 1st, 1955. A/C type: Lockheed Super Constellation.
    LH is member in the 747 club since April 1970. Jubilees do count, believe me.
    Aviation enthusiast since more than 30 years.

Comment

As ATL would say, WHAT! And the fact that you have a logbook for your FSX flying is hilarious!!

Comment

Working...
      X