Air NZ 733 CHC to WLG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air NZ 733 CHC to WLG

I was recently lucky enough to fly up to Wellington from Christchurch for the day on an Air New Zealand 737-300. I would have to congratulate the pilots for such a smooth short flight (32 min) and I didn't even get that annoying ear-popping thing . I was going to do some spotting on a bank that they fly over but CAA have dissallowed that now due to jet-blast danger . The return trip was also on a 733 but approach was not so good, our descent was somewhat speedy, it was stormy and I didn't even get a coffee! (they do make nice coffee on ANZ once you add about 3 or 4 sugar sachets ). Well it was pretty good for NZD$125 (about USD$60) return.

That Wellington airport is a crazy little place with water at both ends of the runway and mountains on each side. I spent a couple of hours up on a hill watching planes land in the heavy winds there. I found it to be good entertainment - my wife didn't think so however...

Comment

Yea I know they climb pretty steeply out of there. Was this hill the flood-bank that the road goes beside?

Comment

Wellington has many great spots for spotting. Great place cant wait till i go there again
        Sam Rudge
        A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Wellington has many great spots for spotting. Great place, cant wait till i go there again
          Sam Rudge
          A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Working...
          X